Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Okay, I'm putting this in print to hold myself accountable! I'm vowing to get back into shape. Everyone around me is either "dieting", exercising, or doing SOMETHING right...so it's been the little shove in the back that I need to get off my lazy ASS and try to take better care of myself!

First and foremost--FOOD. I did a big grocery shopping over the weekend and loaded up on lots of fruits, some veggies (waiting patiently for excess veggies in my garden to finish growing) and low fat snack/meal stuff. I have to admit, I'm been feeling RAVENOUS lately. It's rough going trying to retrain yourself to figure out if it's tummy-hunger or head-hunger. More often than not, I'm not REALLY hungry, I only THINK I need to eat cuz I'm bored, tired, whatever. How annoying, right?

Secondly--EXERCISE. I need to do cardio. I need it but I have yet to start doing it. Ugh. I DID start up doing my usual routine of squats, lunges and abs 3x a week. And Crystal has agreed to walk the dogs with me about 3x a week, starting Saturday when she gets back from her vacation. So now once I incorporate that cardio in there--I'll be golden!!

My goal--to lose 25-30 lbs. and I would LIKE to have it gone (poof!) before the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years...). WISH ME LUCK!!!

No comments: