Thursday, September 21, 2006

Holy Crap. Ever had a bad day NOT becuz one big major thing happened, but, moreso becuz a bunch of little itty bitty things smooshed together to make your day hell? Today is one of those days! I'm not going to mention EVERYTHING that has irritated me today but let me just give you an example. Here was my lunchbreak today:

I had to run out and get lunch today cuz (1) I have no food at home and (2) today of all days I was absolutely RAVENOUS. Shaking with hunger. On the way out on the DAMN Berlin Turnpike, I get stuck in traffic from all the construction (AND asshole drivers) on the road. I'm silently mother-f'ing everyone until ten minutes later, I make it to the ATM. Wait in line for two cars ahead of me, finally, my turn. Put card in machine. Get message, "This ATM is temporarily out of service." GOD DAMN. So I turned myself around and went back OUT onto the stinkin' turnpike and head up to...ugh...McDonald's. I had originally told myself I was going to get a salad but aggravation (spurred on by the old bitch in the Ram truck spitting out diesel fumes who cut me OFF) is raging in me and I said, "Screw it! I want a cheeseburger and a milkshake!!!" So I waste ANOTHER ten minutes driving to McDonald's, which is OFF the turnpike, thank god, this time NOT so silently mother f'ing my fellow drivers. I go to turn INTO the lot and lo and behold the sign: CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS. Now, at this point, I was on the phone with my mother and a string of obscenities flew from my mouth vulgar enough to make a truck driver proud. And then, as I turned back onto Kitts Lane (where I work) I burst into tears (keep in mind that I'm EXCEPTIONALLY emotional and moody today). My mom was like, "April, just go to Burger King or something." I refused at that point to go back onto the turnpike and said, "Screw it (didnt' I already say screw it?!?!) I'm going to Starbucks to get my Pumpkin Spice Latte and I'll get something bad to eat there!" So off I went, to Starbucks in the center of Newington, mother f'ing the world about how much gas I was wasting. I got there and ordered my Pumpkin Spice Latte--the only thing at this point to cheer me up--and a toffee almond bar (something I NORMALLY would say NO to) and then as an after thought, some nuts cuz I knew without protein I would continue shaking. I got back into the truck to drive, trying to ignore the rest of the assholes on the road, thinking, "Who cares! I got my latte!" I put it to my lips and took a long, savoring swig and---what the HELL!?!?!?? It was a plain god damned latte! Emotional April I was, my eyes welled up AGAIN and I started swearing like a truck driver AGAIN!!! Needless to say, my lunch break was pretty much OVER by this point so I drank my disgusting tasteless latte and went back to work, shaking like a leaf.

DAMN IT.

No comments: