Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Yay! Good news! My grandmother had her surgery yesterday and it went well. So far so good. She's going to be in a lot of pain now and in the hospital for a couple of days. My mom and I are bringing her home on Thursday. I took the day off from work to spend some quality time with the two of them. We can get Grammie situated and comfortable at home (as comfortable as possible anyway) and do some grandmother-mother-granddaughter bonding. :-)

Not much else new. Just busy-busy with work and "stuff" on the weekends. There never seems to be enough TIME, ya know? I just sat down with my coworker (my coverage) to plan out the remainder of our time off this year. I was excited to find out I still have about 6 or 7 days left to use! Three of those days I can carry over to next year which is cool. And then I am taking off the day BEFORE Thanksgiving (I'm cooking this year so I'll need that extra day!) and then we get Thanksgiving day and the day after off here, so I took off the next Monday and Tuesday. So I'll have a good seven days straight with no work. WOO HOO! ;-) I also took off December 13th, the day AFTER my birthday, cuz Daryl and I are planning on making a day of it in NYC. Hey, it's my 30th birthday, I wanna do something fun and different! :-) I'm not taking off the actual DAY of my birthday unfortunately becuz my company Christmas/Holiday Party is that night of the 12th. We will probably only stay for appetizers cuz I really don't want to spend my birthday at a work function, you know? Maybe we'll do dinner or something....

...and WOW! I can't believe it's October already! Time is just starting to FLY by. I know this always happens during this time of year. I'm just SO glad I started my Christmas shopping already. :-) Haven't made a HUGE dent in it yet, but I've started!!

No comments: