Monday, November 13, 2006

Grrrrr! Why do people get SO DAMN sensitive at work? I'm frustrated!!!

Let me explain...myself and Sarah at work cover the phones so when someone else in the building is going into a meeting, leaving, etc. they tell us. WELL do you know how you get when you are in the middle of a heated conversation about something and you get interrupted? You might have a confused expression on your face? Well, this is what happened: I was in the middle of telling Sarah some family stuff that happened this weekend, stuff that sorta stressed me out, so we had tunnel-vision and we were not really paying attention to people walking by us. I was LITERALLY trying not to cry as I told my story. And then this coworker came up and stepped in between us, looked back and forth to each of us, and said she was going into a meeting, blah, blah, blah. Fine. We acknowledged her and she turned away so we went back to our conversation.

Then just a few minutes ago, my phone beeps (someone in-house buzzing me) and it's this same coworker asking if Sarah and I had a problem and that she sensed some annoyance or defensiveness from us earlier. What?!?!?!??! I was like, "Uh, you caught us off guard, we were just in the middle of an intense conversation. If we came OFF like that, I apologize." But now I'm steamed! WHY should I have to apologize becuz SOMEONE ELSE is reading into a freaking FACIAL expression on one of our faces and surmising what she THINKS it means? Isn't that HER issue? Not ours?

Grrrr...days like this REALLY make me wish I didn't work in an office.

No comments: