Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year! I can't believe it's 2007!

Anyway, my weekend was pretty low-key and quiet. Watched some movies, ate some junk food, took the doggies hiking on Saturday morning...oh and I went to see Night at the Museum...it was cute! Not AS GOOD as I thought it would be, but still a cute movie. I would especially recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun movie to bring their kids too. All the kids in the theater were laughing throughout the whole thing. It was too funny.

And Daryl and I rang in the New Year...in bed. No, get your mind out of the gutter. We were SOUND ASLEEP. LOL New Year's Eve was kind of anti-climactic this year. But I was okay with that! The "quietness" of it all was really appealing to me. And then yesterday, New Year's Day, I took down the Christmas tree and packed up the rest of my decorations. I always feel simultaneously SAD doing that but also RELIEVED...it's nice to see the living room get back to "normal" and to be able to do a thorough cleaning after the tree (and pine needles!) are gone and it looks all fresh and new!

And now onto "wedding stuff"! I did a little bit of research online this weekend and decided I am going to make a few appointments for us to go view a couple facilities. I'm really eager to cross that main thing off the list so I can sit back and enjoy being engaged! :-) And we decided on the bridal party and have asked everyone. (all except for one more guy). It is going to be:

Matron of Honor:
April #2
Bridesmaids:
Carsa, Crystal, Sarah and Liz (Daryl's cousin. They are very close.)

Best Man: This is still a toss-up between his friends
Matt or Sean. So whichever one is not the best man will obviously be a groomsman.

And the additional groomsmen will be:
Jimmy and John. Daryl still has one more guy to pick but he is torn on that last one.

It's so hard to pick people for the wedding party! I wanted a SMALL-ish wedding party and look at what's happened! And of course there are other friends both of us would have LOVED To have in the wedding but you just cant' have fifty billion bridesmaids and groomsmen. LOL

No comments: