Sunday, January 07, 2007

It's 3:44pm on a Sunday afternoon and I have *quite* a pleasant little buzz going. LOL Love those white chocolate martinis! At this rate, I'll be ready for bed before our company arrives for dinner. LOL

ANYWAY, I went dress shopping yesterday! I'm STILL feeling this happy, happy glow from the experience! It wasn't the sob-fest I was afraid of, but instead once I found THE DRESS, I just could not stop staring at it. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I don't think I'll EVER feel as beautiful as I know I will be on my wedding day. I know that sounds incredibly sappy but i KNOW it's true. Just standing in the middle of a bridal shop, with the harsh florescent lights, and other future-brides scurrying around, also with my bright red socks poking out from underneath and my hair tied back in a sloppy ponytail--being in this dress, the rest all just melted away. I felt like Belle in Beauty and the Beast. Or Scarlett in Gone with the Wind. Classic and elegant and fabulous. LOL Even better than I thought I would ever feel.

God, I'm excited.

2 comments:

Chele76 said...

I think I found the right adjective....

breathtaking :)

I still can't get over how amazing that dress is. Simply breathtaking... and it just compliments you so perfectly.

I'm honored that I was with you when you found it.

Smitty76 said...

Awwww...thanks Michele! I'm welling up again! LOL I feel like such a cliche feeling like this over a DRESS...but I guess that's what happens. You're the best for bringing me there! Love ya!