Monday, May 21, 2007

Well I had a pretty good weekend. Friday night D and I watched a scary movie (remake of The Omen with Julia Stiles) and got take-out, after chatting for about 30 minutes online through skype (LOVE that site and our computer camera!) with Carsa and little Braeden. Braeden was cracking me up every time Daryl left the view of the camera and he would ask, "Where's Daryl? Where's Daryl going?" But with his cute little kid "accent" it sound like "Where's Darro?" LOL Too freaking adorable!

Then Saturday we got up early and did some cleaning/straightening up and got food ready. Michele and Daniel were coming over around eleven. That was fun! Both Daryl and I definitely liked Daniel (we were meeting him for the first time). We hung out and cooked lunch on the grill; Michele brought the YUMMIEST dessert! Organic blueberries, strawberries and blackberries over pieces of Belgian waffles, with whipped cream on top. YUM! After they left, D and I went to Lowe's and got the rest of the wood to finish the railings on the deck he built. I also bought a nice hanging potted plant to hang off the deck.

Sunday we went over D's dad's house. His dad's 53rd birthday was actually Saturday so we did a barbecue at the lake on Sunday. It was GORGEOUS out and I really enjoyed getting a little sun and fresh air and spending time with his dad and grandmother, even though I was seriously JONESING to get back home and start on our endless list of yard work! So after we left we stopped at a flower market and got some veggies for the vegetable garden and two more BEAUTIFUL and HUGE hanging baskets of flowers. While Daryl planted the veggies I worked on the back corner of the yard (where we tore down all the bushes last year) and got busy pulling up the roots that were left and gathering all the sticks leftover into a big pile. I really want to get grass seed down ASAP so it will start growing and hopefully be grown in by July 4th weekend.

No comments: