Monday, June 11, 2007

**SOPRANOS SPOILER (if you have not watched last episode yet then do not read this!**

Okay, I admit, I was a bit bummed out by the last Sopranos episode EVER. I felt like it was very anti-climactic...and while I'm SURE that's what they were going for, it still was a bit disappointing. I did NOT expect everything to end and be all tied up nicey-nice, obviously not.

BUT I did expect the show to go out with a BANG (something I've loved about some of the episodes in the past!). One thing I give them credit for, though, was the crazy tension build-up at the end! They did a GREAT job of that between the family members coming in one by one, the strange people coming in the diner, some staring, and Meadow's whole crazy parallel parking for FIVE minutes! But then--HELLO? The screen just blacking out like that with the family sitting in the diner, and leaving it all up to US to come to our own conclusions? I kinda felt like that was a cop-out. Talk about leaving the viewers with a case of blue-balls! LOL If I ever went to see a MOVIE in the theater and sat through an ending like that, I'd feel totally jipped, like I didn't get my money's worth.

I guess I wanted *some* closure with the final episode, other than "Yay, Tony, Carm, AJ and Meadow having dinner together as a family...AGAIN."

No comments: