Monday, August 20, 2007



I have not had a post in a while (the exception being the skunk LOL) so i figured I'd post my weekend! It was a nice busy one.

Friday night was quiet spent at home with Daryl, after a run to Stew Leonard's for some food for the house/weekend. Saturday morning we were up bright and early (7:00ish) and heading off to the gym. I'm SO proud of both of us for going WILLINGLY on a Saturday. Then after a quick shower I was ready and on my way with April and Sarah (and meeting up wtih Lorelei there) to pick out bridesmaids dresses from David's Bridal in Manchester. I'm so happy we picked one and it looked great on all of the girls. Here is one of the pictures I took...tell me what you think!
Then after dress shopping myself, April R. and Sarah went to Sabbat's for martinis and nachos...a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon! LOL

After that busy morning/afternoon it was home to clean up the house, run to the package store to buy wine, and prepare for Michele and Daniel coming over for dinner. Daryl made a delicious grilled meal of marinated pork chops, corn on the cob, sweet potatoes and the grilled Vidalia onion that Michele is now in love with. LOL Had a few glasses of wine with dinner as well. We at outside cuz the weather was GORGEOUS and only went inside once the mosquitos really started to bite. Dessert was so good...Michele made homemade tiramisu (Daryl's first tiem trying it!) and even though I was stuffed from dinner, I ate all of my dessert!

Sunday Daryl and I got up and showered and then headed out (around eleven-ish). We stopped at Tim Horton's for coffee and bagels and drove up to his grandmother's/Dad's cottage on the lake in East Hampton. His dad's girlfriend's family was all coming over for a picnic so we sat outside and ate picnic food (hamburgs, hot dogs, chicken, ribs, salads, etc). I got a little bit of color since I had on jeans and a tanktop. It was a very relaxing day. Then we headed home to let the doggies out and I took little Daisy for a walk around the block which she enjoyed IMMENSELY. I have to get back into the habit of that cuz she does not get enough exercise! The rest of the evening was mellow, we watched television and read our books. I went to bed around eleven. All in all, a fun and somewhat relaxing (and productive as well!) weekend!

No comments: