Friday, October 12, 2007

Looking forward to a nice weekend! We're leaving tonight around six p.m. to go to Daryl's mom and step dad's house in Burnt Hills, NY. Isn't it pretty???? We went around the same time last year to pick apples (and to visit of course!) cuz his step dad owns part of an apple orchard...their house is actually situated right in the midst of the orchard. I love it!

So this weekend is all about rest and relaxation and filling Daryl's mom, Dory, in about all the wedding planning we've been doing. Actually now that I think of it, maybe I'll bring up my new wedding shoes to sneakily show her. ;-) Without Daryl seeing them of course!

The only part I'm not looking forward to of course is the actual DRIVE up there. Turns out I may have to be the one doing the driving. Ugh. Daryl went to the eye doctor today for an exam (he's got a stigmatism (sp??? however it's spelled) and also another growth in his eye that she said he needs to take better care of so it doesn't get worse. She advised him to wear his sunglasses whenever he is outdoors. Also he had to upgrade his prescription cuz his left eye is SO much worse than the last time he had them checked. Anyway, the reason I might have to drive, they put those drops in his eyes and his vision is all blurred and the sun hurts his eyes. I have no idea how long it will last. So that means me, who HATES highway driving and especially night highway driving (starting to have vision problems of my OWN with distance and at night) will have two rowdy doggies in the backseat (Tucker our yellow lab and Daisy my little black and white "cow" as I call her...she looks like a cow with her coloring but she is 18 lbs. of pure terror--or more accurately 1/2 Jack Russell Terrier and 1/2 Rat Terrier...yikes!) and throw in the fact that I've been working all day and I am kinda tired..I hope the cranky girl does not come out and play! LOL I might have to stop and grab a latte or a coffee to keep me extra perky for the drive...wish me luck!

No comments: