Friday, November 16, 2007

His cup runneth over....and then some....

Dogs are great, aren't they???

I woke up this morning and let the dogs out into the backyard...all bleary-eyed, still half-asleep, and certainly not paying attention. I put on the tea water, and then peeked out the windows to check on the pups and thought, "Hmmm...what the heck is that black thing hanging like a noose around Tucker's neck?"

I called him back inside and stared at him...it took my mind a full ten seconds to realize that HALF OF MY BLACK VICTORIA'S SECRET BRA (ONLY HALF) WAS HANGING FROM AROUND MY DOG'S NECK!!! I simultaneously wanted to strangle him, hug him, and GIGGLE. The other half was STILL hanging on the doorknob in my bedroom where I'd put it last night.

I still can't stop laughing at the visual! And instead of taking it off from around his neck, I immediately whipped out my cell phone and took a picture and thought "I TOTALLY have to blog this!".

Now the funniness (is that a word? well I'm using it) doesn't stop there, guys. I showed my boss, W, (who for those of you don't know her, she is small chested...does not wear bras) the picture as soon as I got into work and she squinted at the computer screen and in all seriousness she asked,

"What is that? A winter hat?"


LOL OMG I can't stop laughing....




5 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

OMG LOL!! I would want to kill him -- bras are not cheap!! -- but how do you not crack up?

Your boss's question reminded me of a story. When I worked at Bloomingdale's By Mail (Bloomie's has a catalog distribution center in Cheshire), we had to inspect all the incoming merchandise against the description in the catalog. There were these two little old ladies that worked part time in our department, and they worked kind of slowly, so they were always paired as a team, and we would give them the shoe & underwear shipments because those would take forever to inspect (we had to inspect some of each size received for those items). One day, the whistle blew for break. We hear the two of them moving down the aisle from the shipment they were inspecting, and they were giggling like crazy, but we couldn't see them with all the boxes in the way. When they emerged from the aisle out into the open, we all died. They had been inspecting bras. And this shipment had some EEEs (or whatever the size actually was, they were huge anyway) and they each put a cup on their heads like a hat, then clasped the strap under their chins. LOL!!

Smitty76 said...

OMG DAWN!! LOL That is the funniest image ever! It rivals my little Tucker with a bra around his neck, that's for sure. Ha ha ha!!

Amy said...

That is too funny, yours and Dawn's! Once my dog - NOT the one I have now - pooped out, umm, a prophylactic that he'd snagged from the bathroom. At the dog park. In front of a group of women. I claimed I'd had a party with balloons the night before. And promptly ran away.

Smitty76 said...

Balloons! I love it. Good save, Amy! LOL These dogs LOVE to embarrass us, obviously.

Keri said...

Laughing just picturing seeing My ozzie in the same perdicament.... I know he'd do the same thing and then in a silly dog voice in my head ask 'What ma?? whad i do?'
thanks for the laugh and the smile