Monday, November 05, 2007

Mmmmm...gingerbread latte.

It sure pays to be a "regular" at Starbucks (to have him RECOGNIZE ME) and sneak me a gingerbread latte a whole DAY before it is supposed to "come out". I'm embarrassed to say JUST how excited I was and how I sorta begged him to do me this one favor and "puh-leeze" could I get one today???

Mmmm...the nutmeg-y taste makes me think of Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie. Aaaaaahhhhh....

Oh, and I must make a confession to everyone who knows I'm doing Weight Watchers. I was so surprised that he was really going to let me have one that I never even told him how I wanted my drink (grande non fat gingerbread latte w/NO whipped!). After he had already started to make it I managed to blurt out, "SKIM MILK?!?!" He smiled and shook his head and said, "2%". Who was I to argue, especially when he was doing me a favor? But I DID scream out, "NO WHIPPED!" just as he was about to squirt it out. LOL

And OMG, I just wrote an entire post about Starbuck's Gingerbread Lattes.

7 comments:

Keri said...

OMG ! I can taste it through my computer.... I'M SOOOOO JEALOUS ! special trip for tomorrow !

Smitty76 said...

Keri you DEFINITELY need to make that trip tomorrow! All those extra calories were SO worth it for me!!

Keri said...

shhhhhhh.... don't tell Chele or she'll drink it all and there be none left for us... lol

Smitty76 said...

Too late, she knows! LOL
Okay I lied...accidentally of course...turns out it's not coming "out" in stores till THURSDAY (but I still managed to score another one cuz they had "gingerbread latte" written up no the board! ha!)

~**Dawn**~ said...

I don't drink coffee (::gasp:: I know, freak of nature) but I loved the Caramel Apple Cider they had last winter. Yum...

Smitty76 said...

Ooh...the caramel apple cider is AWESOME!!!! And I'm pretty sure it's still available!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oooo... Now that it's dipping down to the low 50s & mid 40s at night down here, I may just need to make a little stop!