Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh. My. God.

Someone (a stranger in the office, no one I know) just asked me, "Are you expecting?"

ACK! I totally just flushed in shame and started stuttering out, "Uh, uh, no, um, but, um, I am getting married soon!" And quickly looked down at my desk. And looked to see how big my belly must look for someone to be ASKING this question (I was sitting at my desk so half of me is hidden under the computer desk anyway)! Mind you, I know I have a few pounds to lose but I'm TALL and usually NO ONE can guess my weight accurately...most people think I'm smaller than I really am. I could stand to lose a good 10-20 lbs in my own humble opinion (and I HOPE to lose a good 10-15 lbs. before the wedding) BUT STILL, to ask me that question? I'm mortified!!!!

I told my boss (who knows this woman) and she was like, "Oh no, April, don't take offense. That woman is VERY intuitive and picks up on other people's energy."

That stopped me cold in my tracks becuz this morning I was holding (mauling, loving up) my coworker's 3-month old baby and I COULD NOT GET ENOUGH OF THIS LITTLE PUDGE-Y GIRL. She even drooled on me and my first thought, no lie, was, "Awww...I seriously can't wait to have one of these little muffins of my own!" LOL And after holding (mauling) little Morgan for about 20 minutes, my baby fever was crazily RAGING. I could not get babies off my brain for a good hour or so (kinda hard to concentrate on work like that).

So, in that ladies defense, maybe she WAS picking up on my baby-wanting-energy, but STILL, to ask someone that question? Ugh!

Then my boss was like, "Are you sure you're not pregnant?" ACK, people! Now ask me that again in 5-6 months and I'd be smiling back hopefully and running out to buy a preggo test, but come on people, NOT BEFORE THE WEDDING!!! LOL

6 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL! I think it's funny what people's weird little intuitions are. Me? I get a sense for whether someone is pregnant with a girl or a boy. Although sometimes I can't get a sense unless I am physically around the person. The only time I have *ever* been wrong was with my ex-boyfriend's sister. In my defense, we knew she was pregnant with twins. I said it was going to be two boys. Turns out she had one of each but --! They named the girl Jordan! LOL!

Melissa said...

Your aura was speaking baby....

Keri said...

your giving off *that* vibe.

Cecily R said...

I've learned that no matter what you NEVER ask that question without some back knowledge.

People are weird. Based on the pictures on your blog you are going to be one of the pregnant chicks I hate. Still skinny from behind and sporting the basketball belly.

Not me. I was pregnant from all angles and sporting the basketball team belly.

Heather said...

do not feel bad... someone asked me if i was pregnant at my wedding reception. i could have smacked her.

Forest Lady said...

A kid asked me that once in the grocery store line. I'm not sure who was more mortified--me or his mother.