Monday, November 26, 2007

Okay I now have a couple of pics to go with my previous post. :-)


Here was my bird getting prepped (which came out moist and delicious, might I add!)...And the second shot is Daryl's hairy arm (not mine! LOL) stuffed up the turkey's bum. One thing I hate, hate, HATE to do is pull out the guts! Unfortunately that is is for Thanksgiving pictures. I was so busy cooking (and cooking and cooking) and cleaning that it did not leave much time for photo opportunities!


Then it was Friday and on our way to the Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree Farm!Immediately, Daryl was on the move. Our hunt for the "perfect" tree!


Words can not DESCRIBE just how darn cold it was that day! And of course being the native New Englander that I AM, I had no jacket on, just a sweatshirt! Silly girl.My tree-man, hard at work!! After the tree was up and in it's stand, Daryl began working on this, our new outdoor light....

...while I finished decorating our Christmas tree! Here it is (sorry for the grainy pic...this last one taken with my cell phone...that's why it's all crooked too...LOL):

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, your tree is beautiful!! Sounds like you guys had a productive weekend.

Keri said...

Ohhhhhh ! I like your tree ! looks like D picked the perfect one. Love the light too. Nice style.

ps. did the bird file charges on D??

Smitty76 said...

Melissa and Keri-thank you! Let me tell you, it took us almost an HOUR to find our "perfect" tree! I didn't realize just how PICKY we both were about it. LOL

and Keri, I think the bird actually LIKED it. LOL

~**Dawn**~ said...

1. Your tree is beautiful. =) (Hopefully, it stays upright from this point on?)

2. Just a sweatshirt?! Are you kidding?! I am a native New Englander too but sheesh. I am wearing a sweatshirt in sixty-degree California right now. I hear it's in the low 80s back in Florida right now...

3. OMG the hand up the turkey's butt is both simultaneously cracking me up & freaking me out. LOL!