Friday, November 30, 2007


This is a lesson on what playing pool, with two bottles of wine coursing through our bodies, really looks like. Take notes.

And yes, I may look completely sober in this picture--but oh, how looks can be deceiving! LOL (that is my drunk friend, Jess, laying in front of me!)

Oh! And Michele would be so proud of me! I drank some good stuff last night! We started off with a regular 'ol $15 bottle of wine first but then as the night progressed and Jess got more and more pissed at her ex while telling us a certain story (they still live together till they sell the house), she was like "Screw it! We're gonna drink his good stuff from Napa Valley!" She gave me the option of the $40, $50, $80, or $100 bottle. At that point I was like, "Hell! Nothing but the best for us!" So we cracked open the $100 bottle of wine. My first (and most likely last) time ever drinking expensive wine...and damn, did it go down smooth!
Anyway, I didn't realize quite how drunk I was till I got home and literally stumbled/fell into bed. Actually even then I probably didn't quite realize it. But I certainly did this morning when first Daryl told me that last night, I jumped out of bed last night and yelled at him to get his booty into bed becuz I was so "c-c-cold!" and needed him to warm up. No recollection of that whatsoever. ;-) And after I hopped out of the shower this morning, Daryl said, "Um, April? Did you unlock the front door this morning?"

Uh, no. I never locked it when we came in. It appears I left it unlocked. ALL night long. Oops.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

In my younger days I would do things like that. Now I'm just old and can't stand to be hungover. I've never had a $100 bottle of wine, I'm afraid that I wouldn't even know the difference, how sad is that....

Smitty76 said...

Melissa-after drinking the cheap bottle of wine and having it as a comparison, you'd know the difference!! :-) (otherwise, I will admit, I probably wouldn't have known the difference either! LOL)

~**Dawn**~ said...

No no no. You've got it all backwards. You're supposed to drink the good stuff first while you can still truly appreciate it. Once you're feeling no pain, *then* you break out the cheaper stuff, because even if it's bad, you're less likely to care. ;-)

Keri said...

I second that Dawn !
Feels good while tying one on... till the morning after...
Boy do i have some stories.... my head hurts just thinking of them.

Chele76 said...

did someone say wine?

Cecily R said...

Okay. Confession. I've never been drunk. I've never even tasted an alcoholic beverage. So...can we still be blog pals?

Smitty76 said...

I know, I know, I *did* ask her why the heck she served me the CHEAP stuff FIRST...made no sense to me either!

And Cecily-of COURSE! I'm not one of those crazy-drink-to-get-drunk girls anyway...I can count on my two hands how many times I've ever gotten really drunk. And it's usually becuz:
1. I didn't eat enough beforehand
2. The stuff I drink hits me like a punch all at once before I realize to stop! LOL

~**Dawn**~ said...

I don't get drunk either. I stop after I have a pleasant buzz. I would rather cut off my own arm with a butter knife than throw up, and I hate not feeling in control of myself. A buzz is good though. Especially when you want to sleep on a plane. =P