Friday, December 14, 2007


My veil came in! I'm so excited!
(And Daryl, if you are reading this, STOP RIGHT HERE! I'm about to describe my veil and dress! LOL)

I ordered it online at the Veil Shop. I had read about the Veil Shop in a bridal magazine--and on the website I loved how (1) I could order samples of the colors which is how I was able to pick the PERFECT shade and (2) I could sort of "custom" make my veil (length, color, trim, etc.). Oh and (3) not spend a freakin' arm and a LEG, and my firstborn, on a veil that I only plan on wearing a couple stinkin' hours!

I went very simple and short. My dress is a champagne-colored (almost light gold-ish) princess-y dress (because after all, I AM a princess!!!) and I knew that a crazy head piece and veil would be WAY too much. So I chose a light gold colored veil with a thin gold trim at the end (it's very thin trim...and the veil color is light...so don't think big and gold and gaudy! LOL) and the length is 20" in length. I plan on wearing it very low on the back of my head (underneath whatever hairstyle I have for my hair...I am contemplating a partial up-do...curled but only "up" on the sides...I don't look great with all my hair up, in my opinion!) .

I also saw on the same site a pretty comb/clip that I might get to wear in my hair (I know it's hard to see the picture but the description on the site is as follows:
This comb hair accent is heavily embellished with features ivory freshwater pearls and Swarovski rhinestones on a gold frame. The design measures approximately 4" in length and 1 1/4" in width, and it is attached to a 1 1/2" metal comb. While I absolutely LOVE the look of pretty tiaras/head pieces, I wanted a more simple look that wouldn't seem too flashy when paired up with my dress. What do you think of it? I even thought of just doing a couple fresh flowers in my hair instead of getting a clip, but, I have NO IDEA yet what I'm doing about flowers. I'm only getting bouquets and boutonnieres (no flower centerpieces for the table...can't afford it!) so I have not even really thought about what type of flowers or WHERE to get them yet. I'm SO not a party-planner so all these little details will be the death of me!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

The veil sounds nice. I wore mine low underneath my updo (I don't think I look good with partial updo's, ha!) as well, and bought a fancy clip. I think the entire veil and hairclip cost more than my dress, which I got at David's Bridal. But my parents paid so it was okay.

Keri said...

Sounds very pretty. I wore my hair partially up.. had very long hair then) and my veil i bought on ebay for about $20, but you'd never know it.
I made all my flower boquets / boutineers and saved big $$. I bought the flowers from walmart, michaels, and ac moore. Roses with berries and crystal accents. My girls still have their boquets, they came out that pretty.

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see you all dressed up. We did a very small wedding so I'm no help but don't get lost in the details...talk to your local florist and see what kind of deal they can do for you.

Chele76 said...

yes.... mine is on the shelf in our spare room :)

Cecily R said...

It sounds beautiful! I'm so excited for you!!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Wait... Chele's *what* is on the shelf in their spare room???

Anyway... I am sure you will look beautiful on your wedding day. Can't wait to see photos, which I am sure you will be sharing here, right? ;-)

Chele76 said...

lol, My boquet from Keri's wedding... lol

~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL @ Chele! That didn't take long to draw a response. ;-)