Thursday, December 13, 2007

Who doesn't love chocolate?

I don't know many people who don't! I admit, I'd much rather eat CHEESE than chocolate (I'm a cheese-a-holic) but I certainly do like some good chocolate every now and then. That being said, when I was asked to make a dish for my company's Christmas party the other night, my first thought was "Death by Chocolate". It's easy, it's yummy, and most people like it.

OH MY LORD, if my coworkers and their families could have LICKED the trifle bowl clean, I seriously think they would have! LOL I was literally being hugged and thanked over and over again for making it! It's crazy how much people love chocolate!

And becuz it's the time of year where we are so busy, busy, I decided to post the recipe on here for a quick, easy dessert to bring to your Christmas dinners or parties. Enjoy!

Death by Chocolate
(this has been adapted from a recipe off of Allrecipes my favorite site!)

PREP TIME 30 Min
COOK TIME 25 Min
READY IN 8 Hrs 55 Min (this is if you refrigerate it for 8 hours but honestly I've made it before and eaten it immediately after and it was just as good)

Original recipe yield: 12 servings

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix (I used a triple fudge chunk flavor)
* 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy (I used crushed up Heath Bar...yummy!)


DIRECTIONS

1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
3. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. (for MY version, I put crushed heath bar in the first layer as well, not just on top of it!). Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.


Enjoy!!! Eat lots of chocolate! :-)

4 comments:

Keri said...

**looking ashamed with head down** ... i just licked my screen.. is that bad???

Smitty76 said...

No Keri, cuz even as I typed that post, I was salivating. Literally. Salivating.

Melissa said...

Love this recipe. I also make something like this with strawberries and cheesecake pudding. Yum-o!!

Are You Serious! said...

That looks way too good... Might have to try it out.