Saturday, January 12, 2008

Blah.

I'm feeling blah today.

Which considering it's a Saturday, a normally NOT-blah day, is strange. It could be the fact that I have been in my pajamas all day. Perhaps? But I did just finish my latest Dean Koontz book, The Darkest Night of the Year. It was good, but a little different I thought, than Dean's usual fare. (We're on a first name basis, me and Dean, didn't you know?) But the more I think about the fact that it's a bit different than some of his other stuff, the more I like that. It shows an author's versatility! (and the fact that one of the main character's is a golden retriever certainly didn't hurt either! Love the pups!)

Anyway, I haven't done much of anything else productive today other than wash a gigantic sink full of dishes. We had company for dinner last night and I made Black Bean Enchiladas,
a recipe that I stole--uh borrowed--from a blog I like to peruse for yummy ideas, Sprinkles and Twinkles. I must admit, I did vary the recipe a tad....I substituted KIDNEY beans for the white (a personal preference for me) and I also added some sauteed chicken. I had to use the chicken that I had thawed the night before. I served the enchiladas with salsa and low fat sour cream on the side, and also a nice big green salad. It was all very delish! And relatively low-fat for those of you, like me, that are looking to cinch in the belt buckle a bit. Speaking of recipes, I also tried out another one on Thursday night (I know, can you believe it? I made dinner TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW! Dinner that did not consist of throwing a frozen pizza in the oven, or boiling up some cheese raviolis! Craziness.). A friend shared a recipe with me--for a Weight Watchers Chicken Pot Pie.

It was, in my opinion, not TRULY a pot pie (no crust at all) but it was certainly yummy and I highly recommend it! I don't have the recipe here (it's on my work computer) but I promise to post it Monday for anyone who is interested. Isn't it pretty colorful? A great way to get in lots of veggies!

Anyway, they are predicting a Nor'Easter for Sunday night into Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed (but not holding my breath...come on, this is New England. The weather report changes on a DIME.) that we get some good, fluffy WHITE stuff. I would love to have a paid day off from work on Monday, too, but I'm sure that's asking for too much. We shall see!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with the snow. We just had a lot of rain and cold.

The chicken pot pie looks pretty good. I can't believe how many different veggies I can see there. I'm gonna need this recipe, please.

Cecily R said...

Our family loves Crystal's Black Bean Burritos! Your modifications sound yummy.

Zoe said...

hmm. that looked yummy!