Friday, January 25, 2008

Great news for me when I hopped on the scale this morning.

I LOST A POUND!!!!


I have now lost a total of three pounds and this has been over, approximately, 4 weeks. I know that's not a substantial loss or anything but if it's CONSISTENT...I'll take it!

For me to average out at a loss of approximately .75 of a pound each week is fabulous. I'm a slow-loser by nature but to lose slow means I'll most likely have a better chance of keeping it off!

I think one thing that has been helpful to me at least this past week was my meal plan. With everything planned out, I had less of a tendency to stray and start nibbling stuff I didn't need. (Except for yesterday's peanut butter cup and handful of m-n-m's. But come on people! I'm PMS'ing over here! Throw me a freakin' bone!). I plan on keeping up with a meal plan every week...I didn't specifically plan out lunches but I had leftovers a couple of times a week which was helpful. When I cook from now on, I only want enough for one portion for me, one portion for Daryl, and one extra portion for leftovers. Anymore than that just goes to waste and since I'm tightening up the wallet with the wedding spending lately, I'm looking for any way to NOT blow unnecessary money.

So...YAY ME! I'm giving myself a pat on the back this morning. :-)


Oh, and speaking of Daryl, I hopped on his blog this morning to leave him a comment on his latest post, and I was annoyed to discover that someone had FLAGGED him to Blogger as having questionable/inappropriate content! Give me a f&^%ing break! I'll admit, yes, my honey has a potty mouth but (no offense to you who do cuz I LOVE reading you girls! LOL) a lot of the blogs I frequent do LOTS more truck-driver cussin'!!! And if it's becuz he killed a mouse in our bathroom...again...GIVE ME A F&^$ING BREAK!!! Report us to freakin' PETA then for Christ sakes! It was three in the morning and Daryl spent twenty minutes chasing a teeny, tiny field mouse around in a bathroom the size of a small closet. You do what you have to do. To each his own. If you don't like it, THEN DON'T READ HIS GOD DAMNED BLOG!!! He's not drowning puppy dogs, or beating his wife, or robbing banks...he's a sweet, gentle kind-hearted man who loves people and animals alike so GET OVER IT!

Side note: I'm totally just venting here...I know none of you peeps are the ones who reported his blog. It just freakin' irritates me. I wish other people would take the TREE-SIZED sticks out of their uptight asses! There, report me. I have potty mouth too.

6 comments:

Chele76 said...

I loved your rant... that was awesome :)

Melissa said...

I'm glad you mentioned it, when I read there yesterday I I was like WTH!! I didn't really think what he wrote was any worse than a lot of other stuff I read and enjoy.

And if he was flagged for killing a mouse, that's just freaking stupid.

Congrats on the weight loss, that's huge!!

Keri said...

You go potty mouth !

oh and congrats on the pound...

Driving With the Brakes On said...

Yeah for that pound (and for the 2 before it!) I have heard that meal planning is a great help for the budget and the waist . . . I suppose I should give it a try.

Pooh to those who abhore colorful language . . . extra words make the story come alive!

Amy said...

Yay lost poundage! I'm with you, I do happy dances even if it's .4 pounds. And that is HILARIOUS that his blog got flagged. Sometimes I think I'm just going to flag blogs to see what happens. (But I totally didn't do it).

Taj said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!

Flagged? Oh my god I so should have been flagged a million times over by now. Whoever flagged your husband would faint if the past my way. ;)

One of the top 5 reasons I hide the blogger navbar: people who flag unnecessarily.