Sunday, January 27, 2008




Here I am, a Menu Plan Monday-Virgin. I decided last week that I wanted to start getting more organized when it comes to meal-planning (and eating!) in our house so I tried it on my own last week. It was definitely a success becuz not only did I grocery shop more efficiently (and less expensively!) but I also managed to lose a pound, cuz I wasn't eating tons of take-out or "easy dinners" which are usually super fattening. Then I found the OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday and realized that participating will totally expand upon my recipe box...and I'm hooked! To see what it's all about go here and check it out!

And without further adieu, here is my first week's plan:


MONDAY:
I have dentist appt. at 7:00pm so we need quick and easy for dinner! Plus soft to chew since I'll probably still be numb LOL I'm thinking some soup and/or grilled cheese sandwiches.

TUESDAY:
Easy Garlic Chicken
w/steamed peas/carrots mix and lemon herb rice

WEDNESDAY:
Shepard's Pie with Pillsbury Reduced Fat Dinner biscuits


THURSDAY:

Pizza Night

FRIDAY:
Cheeseburgers (no buns) with curly fries


SATURDAY:

Apple Butter Pork Loin (made this before and it's delicious!)
w/ baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli

SUNDAY:
Super Bowl Sunday...we have company coming over so I'll be putting together some appetizers. Maybe a veggie plate with dip and some chicken wings. And plenty of beer. :-)

9 comments:

Poltzie said...

Your menu looks great. I have a suggestion on the grilled cheese that I learned about in Weight Watchers. Use high fibre bread, low fat cheese and pam spray (just spray it right on your bread) instead of margarine. Tastes the same but way less fat!
Have a great healthy week :)

Smitty76 said...

Thanks Poltzie! I love high fiber bread...it's the low fat cheese I gotta force myself to do! LOL

Sharon said...

Yes, great menu! And welcome to MPM! I've saved so much $ since I started, too. Way to go losing a pound! :) That's great.
Thanks for the link to the Garlic Chicken. Looks delicious!
Have a great week.

krissy said...

Yumm-o! I so wish I could organize my life better! I've tried really hard though and dropped out many times! :::sigh:::

You are a much better lady then me!
And your menu made me really, really hungry!

Melissa said...

See now I could make a list like this but I would never stick to it.

Your list sounds great!!

kelly said...

yum!

Mommychicky said...

Welcome to MPM! I love those Pillsbury bisquits. Looks like you've got a good start to this thing.

Thanks for sharing and have a great week.

My menu is up here.

Niki said...

Welcome to MPM. It's my 2nd week. Your menu looks very yummy.

~**Dawn**~ said...

That Apple Butter Pork Loin sounds fantastic! I may need to try that.