Thursday, January 03, 2008

I'm hopping back on the weight-loss wagon. I'm can't tell you all how tired I am of seeing the scale go up, up, up and my pants get tighter and tighter. A belly roll (among other rolls) is SO not sexy, despite the fact that D tells me he loves me just the way I am, no matter what I weigh. He's sweet but seriously? It's time.

I just joined My Food Diary online. It's only nine bucks a month so it won't break the bank. Michele recommended it to me becuz she really likes using it herself. I've done the Weight Watchers thing, and while I'm not saying it does not work (I did lose about 15 lb. once before through ww) I just can't keep up with (1) the costs and (2) the point tracking and (3) the fact that it feels like I'm starving all the time while doing it.

April Starving= April Eating Large Quantities of Food.

By using My Food Diary, I can calculate my daily calories, fat, exercise logged, calories burned, what I need to do to maintain or lose weight, and much, much more. I'm feeling pretty hopeful about it! And this is the kick in the pants I need to get ACTIVE again. I know how good I always felt when I was exercising on a regular basis. I know this. I want to feel that good again!

So, while I HATE resolutions and refuse to make them, I am ready for a new and healthier me in 2008. It's time to whip my body into shape and for me to feel GOOD about myself again. Plus, considering the fact that I do want to get pregnant later this year, I would love to go into a pregnancy healthy and fit for both myself and my future baby's sake. I am motivated! I will be checking in regularly to post my progress (and my set-backs, cuz hey, no one is perfect.). Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

Driving With the Brakes On said...

Lots of good luck wishes coming your way! You are right - it is really hard work, but feeling better (both physically and mentally) will make it worth it. If you need furthur motivation, just tape a picture of your wedding dress on the refridgerator door!

Melissa said...

Two steps forward two steps back. I've decided to eat more veggies, ones not covered in cream sauce or cheese. Hey, it's a start. I replace a starch with a veggie and voila less calories.

Now I just need to worry about chocolate...and how I need it to function.

Good luck! I will watch and see how you are doing. If you come up with any good ideas, please share!!

Poltzie said...

Congrats! I will be rooting for you!
I also wanted to be the healthiest my body could be before getting preggo and I'm really happy I did now. I started running, stoped drinking, took pre-natal vitamins and went off the pill for three months before we started trying. Healthy mom's make healthy babies and it was a great motivator for me!

Taj said...

Wishing you lots of luck!

Keri said...

You can do it !
Getting healthy for the kidlet is the best motivation. It takes a lot out of your body to be prego, have labor, and than take care of a precious pint on 4 hour of sleep if lucky.
Oh and talk about baby tummy roll... not a pretty sight.
I always tell M he's paid to say i look good. ;}