Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What a good day! I took the day off from work to go over and visit/help out my friend Crystal who had her peanut last Tuesday by C-section. I'm going to post a couple of pics--yes, I know somet people are thinking "if you've seen one itty-bitty baby, you've seen them all!"--but she is so tiny and stinkin' adorable that I just can't resist.

Gabriella (Gabby for short) is between six and seven pounds...you probably can't notice her size in the pictures where she is swaddled up like a pink burrito, but when she was half-nakey, I
couldn't believe what a peanut she is!

Wearing the hat from the hospital...the only one that really fits her teeny head.


Me, practicing. Heh heh....


Caught Gabby in the midst of a gassy "smile".


Check out her Alfalfa-sprout! LOL


Someone is not diggin' bath time! That's what you get for peeing all over yourself, girl!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

How cute is she!! And no all babies are not alike. They are all cute in their different ways...you look pretty good with a little one, practicing?

Poltzie said...

Oh April, you are going to be such a good mom! And what a good friend you are, I really wish you lived closer to me!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

That is so not true that if you've seen one baby, you've seen them all! They are all so sweet & precious. How can seeing such a sweet little person not make you smile? =)

April said...

Awwwww, so sweet that little peanut. My friends just had a baby on Monday (last week) - only FIVE pounds. The best is the smell of babies, don't you think?

Smitty76 said...

Melissa and Dawn: Okay let me rephrase...I personally don't feel like "if you've seen one baby, you've seen them all" but I know not everyone gets as excited as me! LOL

Poltzie:...you have no idea! If I lived closer, I'd be visiting and rubbing your belly daily! And offering to help change dirty diapers after the little one is born! LOL

April: There is NOTHING better, in my opinion, than that baby smell. I can't tell you how many times I inhaled Gabby's baby-scented head yesterday. I love it!

Zoe said...

awww! she is so cute! i agree with poltzie...i wish you lived closer to me too!

Cecily R said...

So cute! I love the picture of you practicing!!! You are both beautiful!

Smitty76 said...

Thank you Zoe and Cecily! I'm totally blushing over here...:-)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oh I knew *you* didn't think that, April! =) I was directing that in the general direction of anyone who would dare to think such a thing. I get totally excited over babies -- friends, relatives, even random babies I see on blogs. Doesn't matter. They all need to be delighted over!