Friday, January 04, 2008

You know what sucks?

To think, man I had a pretty good day food-wise...and THEN calculate your daily caloric intake and realize, Shit! I went way over!

In order to maintain my current weight (eww! why would I want to maintain my rolls? no thank you!) I went over by 85 calories. Not good. This means if I kept this up, I would GAIN. In order to lose 1.5 lbs. a week I went over by 415 calories!!! What an eye opener. I do realize that it wouldn't be so bad if I was exercising more...that would burn some much-needed calories. But I am a wimp and have to slowly ease my way back into an exercise routine to make it work for me (and to make sure I stick with it!).

I did crunches three days in a row which is awesome. Pat on the back for that.

Two days ago I did 35 squats...that's it...35 (my legs were shaking so much I had to stop, it was ridiculous. Just call me jello-legs.)...and I've been almost freakin' immobile for two days!

OH. MY. GOD. What have I let myself get to? It wasn't just the bad eating habits of the last 5-6 months that screwed me. It was also the way I just up and stopped going to the gym and doing my home workouts, staying limber, things that make me feel GREAT and give me more energy! But, ok, no more beating up of myself. I know what I am capable of and I need to get to that point again. I need to get my energy back and to stop falling asleep on the couch so early. THAT is important to me. Another way to convince me to get my gear moving...Daryl and I don't get to spend much time together with our work schedules so it would be fabulous to not spend all those hours together sleeping! I get home from work, we eat dinner, then we both conk out on the couch. What kind of quality time is that? So I've started making a list of positive reasons why I will get in shape:

1. To fit into my favorite size 12 jeans again.
2. To do more than 35 squats w/out the jiggly-leg syndrome kicking in.
3. To feel strong and capable of anything. Haven't felt that way in too long.
4. To wear a 2-piece bathing suit on my honeymoon (yes that is totally frivolous and superficial, but I want it!!!)
5. To have enough energy to walk my dogs and make sure that THEY get enough exercise too.
6. To have more waking hours to spend quality time with Daryl.
7. To feel healthy and not sluggish.
8. To be able to carry heavy things w/out help from Daryl. (this sounds silly but something else I want! I am a weakling when I'm not working out!)
9. To be in fabulous shape for both (a) the wedding and (b) by the time I get pregnant.
10. To live a long and HEALTHY life.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Wait, you did 35 squats without rest? Did you use weights?

Smitty76 said...

No, not w/out rest...I think I would have passed out. LOL I did sets of 12 (oh wait, I guess I did 36 then! woo hoo!) with a break in between each set. NO weights either. I usually have to work up to it!

Poltzie said...

Hey Jello,
You can't change overnight! It took you a while to get to this point and it will take you a while to get back. Motivation is the key and it sounds like you have lots of it!
I'm cheering you on like crazy because I suspect around the time I'm trying to lose baby weight you will be happily gaining it :)
Ps. You look great in all your pictures I would of pegged you for a size 6er!

Melissa said...

Can I just say this? I hate to diet. I feel your pain, I hope things start to get a little easier soon.

Amy said...

Oh, whoo, I was feeling really inadequate. I get jiggly after 12 squats.

Cecily R said...

Hey, sounds like you are well on your way to your goals! Seriously, it sounds like you are doing awesome! Here's to all your goals being met and to you looking H-O-T in your two piece on your honeymoon!!

Ana said...

Good luck on your weight loss. When I work out, it helps me to think, "I'm doing all thIS exercise for myself and no one else." It gives me some "me" time! Keep at it!