Sunday, February 10, 2008


Another week, another meal plan! I think this is my third MPM and I'm happy to report that it's working out well. It takes such a load off my shoulders (and D's!) knowing that when we each get home from work, we know exactly what we're having for dinner. No more of that "Hmmm...what do I feel like eating/cooking tonight?" for 25 minutes until we decide, "Eh, too tired now, just order pizza." And with the wedding getting so close,(ninety-something days away) and having to deal with all the wedding costs, I'm in hyper drive to cut corners where we can!
Also I am carrying over one recipe from last week that I didn't get to, the Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches.

To learn more about MPM, check it out here!

Monday: Whole grain ziti with sauce, steamed green beans and
Pillsbury reduced fat dinner biscuits


Tuesday: Daryl's yummy omelets with turkey bacon


Wednesday: Sweet Mustard Chicken Bake
with whole grain rice and steamed veggies and Pillsbury
reduced fat dinner biscuits (there is the slight possiblity
that this meal won't happen if I have my hair appointment...I had to
postpone it from last week due to family-drama!)

Thursday: Sour Cream Enchiladas
(going to halve this recipe since it's only the 2 of us eating)
with a side green salad


Friday: cheeseburgers with homemade sweet potato fries and corn


Saturday: Pizza Night

Sunday: Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches
(never got to this last weekend)


14 comments:

Nicole said...

Omgosh those enchiladas look really good. :) Great menu!

Melissa said...

Ok, honestly what do you think of whole wheat pasta?

You almost have me convinced...

Chele76 said...

You just reminded me to post my enchelada recepie. I make them faithfully!

mominmentalmotion said...

Great plan. Now I want the recipe to sweet potato fries! lol...

Smitty76 said...

Melissa, believe it or not, I LIKE the wheat pasta. I'm not goign to lie, it DOES taste different, but D and I haven't gotten used to it and don't even miss the regular pasta!

Mominmentalmotion: I don't use a recipe for the fries. ;-) I cut up the sweet potatoes (leaving skin ON, I love the skin) and put in a ziploc bag with olive oil and seasonings (salt and pepper and whatever else I happen to have on hand) and shake,shake. Then I do it in the oven I *think* at like 350 degrees (it's been a while since I've made them!)

Smitty76 said...

Typo: i mean we HAVE gotten used to it! LOL

Mommychicky said...

Yumm, sweet potato fries...

Thanks for sharing and have a great week. My menu is up here.

Kiy said...

Your menu looks great! BTW, we *love* the wheat pasta. It's sort of a nutty taste and wonderful with a little ICBINB spray (do you use this? it's fab!) and fresh parm cheese sprinkled on it. We prefer it to the 'regular' pasta, in fact I gave my stash of the regular pasta to the food drive during the holidays.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and yes, I always have room at my table for more! :)

Kiy

P.S. Good luck with your wedding, I remember those days!

OHmommy said...

Oh, I think I might have an enchilada night too. It has been a while. Nice menu!

ALF said...

I agree - the whole wheat pasta isn't bad.

snowflake said...

Sounds like a delicious meal plan. I plan too - Dont' always stick to it exactly, but it's the only way I can grocery shop! Love the look of your blog. I think mine needs a makeover...

Robyn said...

We'll stop by on fri. I've been dying to try sweet potato fries.

I also like the whole wheat pasta.

krissy said...

Uggg...I'm so hungry now! I'm starving! You are so darn organized!

Can you come here and cook for me sometime??? After the wedding of course!

Flea said...

Mmmmm. And I love that you're making your own invitations!