Wednesday, February 27, 2008

For Christmas, part of the gift from my Mommy was a 2008 calendar called "I Love You, Daughter". Each day shows a different quote which are all about family and friends. I missed a couple of days (I rip one off every day) and just went back and read through them. I enjoyed the quotes and found some of them touching...so I'm going to share them with you. Enjoy!

"A daughter and her mother...are so entwined in heart and mind that, gladly or unwillingly, they share each love, each joy, each sorrow, and each bitter wrong lifelong." -Pam Brown

"I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment." -Frances Farmer

"Once in a blue moon there's someone who knows it all, someone who knows and accepts you unconditionally, someone who's there for life." -Jill McCorkle

"The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes." -Frank Lloyd Wright

"Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together." -Vest M. Kelly

"When we were children, we used to think that when we were grown-up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability....To be alive is to be vulnerable."
-Madeline L'Engle

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Funny I learn that last quote over and over again!!

Thanks for sharing!

Zoe said...

aww that is sweet.

Robyn said...

Those are so nice.