Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Holy crap. There are f'ing weird people in the world.

I just had a student (for those who don't know, I work at a massage school...so when I say student, we're talking grown-ups here) talking to my coworker about a vivid dream she had. She goes on to describe in detail how this dream...she thinks it is her remembering her BIRTH.

Did I forget to mention that they were standing so close to my f'ing desk that their hips were touching it? Did I fail to mention that I could not freakin' tune out the story of her head "gushing through an opening"?? All while I was typing and trying to work?

Oh, I think I just puked in my mouth. (side note: I'm not so juvenile that I can't handle a story about childbirth...I just think this woman is a whack job for one. Secondly, are PEOPLE SO RUDE TO STAND IN FRONT OF ME WHILE I'M WORKING AND SPEAK LOUDLY TO EACH OTHER? No lie, I could have spit on them, that's how close they were.)

And I'm gouging out my eyeballs and eardrums as you read this.

Lord, help me. (fifteen more minutes to go....fifteen more minutes to go....)

11 comments:

Amy said...

I would find it quite enlightening to hear first-hand what my future baby is going to go through.

Heather said...

OMG I am so with you. As I was reading your post I also almost vomited in my mouth and I have been through childbirth. I agree with you that it is not the actual story of childbirth that got me it was the fact that she was "recreating" her own. You crack me up.

Melissa said...

Wow, I believe that falls under the TMI category! Sheesh!

Zoe said...

what? you don't remember being squeezed out the canal?

Robyn said...

Nice, I am a big believer of personal space, and keeping people out of mine.

Flea said...

Hahahaha!!!! Oh my gosh, that's so funny. Maybe you should have spit on them. Pretended it was an accident. Or sneezed on them. Ew.

krissy said...

Next time poke her with a thumb tack! I bet she doesn't come back again!

I did your meme. It was fun! Thanks for thinking of me!

Steph said...

I have given birth to 2 kids one a whooping 10lbs I would not be discussing it within ear shot of those who may not want to here.

Steph said...

I have given birth to 2 kids one a whooping 10lbs I would not be discussing it within ear shot of those who may not want to here.

Stephanie said...

It's not just you, that was a strange conversation...and in front of (I mean ON) your desk?

April said...

Ha Ha Ha!! Dontcha love that?? I almost vomit in my mouth all the time - epsecially when I hear old men hacking and then they cough something up...ugh, just did! LOL. But yeah, I'm with ya, it's rude. Very rude.