Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I can't wait to go to Weight Watchers on Saturday. I've been doing SO WELL this week!! (since Sunday when I started counting points...I actually go to ww on Saturday but I admit, I didn't count points on Saturday.) I want to see a little bit of progress which I know will be the boost I need to keep going and keep motivated.

Something else that helps? Big D. He has been bearing with me this week, as I analyze every morsel of food going into HIS mouth as well, and yes, I've been counting points for HIM too even though he did not go to WW with me. I'm dying to have him hop on the scale Saturday to see if he lost anything, but that might be pushing his patience. I begged him to help me stay the course...I'm horrible when I see someone else eating something bad, I then end up wanting it too, so I explained that if he does this with me, no matter how "loosely" he does it ( although he's been great this week following his points exactly! Except for those 3 or 4 beers last night, heh heh...but we *did* have a shitty day) that he will be a great motivator for me. And he *has* been! I'm very excited at the thought of the two of us getting in shape together, eating healthier, having more energy...and I can hardly wait for better weather so we can start hiking and mountain biking...I have high hopes for this spring and summer. :-)

So, I know most of us did not make any "resolutions" on January 1st but I'm curious, what is one healthy change/addition that you have made and been sticking to? Something that has benefited you either/both physically OR mentally OR even emotionally?

(and now I'm off to go walking on my lunch break...YAY me!!!)

11 comments:

Amy said...

I've been drinking skim milk every day for calcium, 1 1/2 cups. I don't know if that's done anything, but it seems healthy.

Zoe said...

you go girl!

Steph said...

Working out has been mine and except for this week I have been doing very good.

jessica said...

not working on anything physically - but i am trying to be more organized and keep it that way... so far -- it's been so-so, but better than before : ) my blog

Melissa said...

Wow, you guys are doing great!! I wish you could snd me a little of that motivation...

ALF said...

I am sitting here, trying to convince myself to take the dogs for a walk before it gets dark. And you just convinced me! Thanks!

Robyn said...

I have been trying to eat better. I try not to eat anything with cornsyrup or dextrose, bleached enriched flour, and partially hydrogenated oils. The whole you on a diet thing. Its been working pretty well, but I've been lacking in the exercise dept lately, so I'm stuck again.

OHmommy said...

Way to go girl!!! Keep up the good work.

jenny said...

hey - i just found your blog when i was clicking around. i LOVE ww! that's awesome you are doing good. it really works. maybe you'll be my inspiration to get back on the scale! eeeek! keep up the good work.

oh, and i should go check on those resolutions i made too.

Poltzie said...

Studies show that most couples gain weight after they get married. Mike and I were like you two though and we've lost weight in our two years together.
We started running together and eating healthy and it's really made a difference.
It's so much easier to lose weight when your partner helps. That D just keeps getting better and better doesn't he!!

krissy said...

You go you Weight Watcher Diva!! I'm so proud of you!

I have actually lost 8lbs by just cutting back and not eating after 6pm. It's working apparantely!

Yeah for us!