Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Major anxiety. More family stress (that goes without saying) and a mini argument with D this afternoon pertaining to the family shit (and yes, D, you are completely, totally, 100% right and have a valid point but...it's that gray area....ya know?). And on top of it all, I'm finally trying to eat healthy and do right by my body and all I want to do is comfort-eat. I seriously almost ran to the vending machine for chocolate but I talked myself into a fat free hot cocoa instead. So at least I made one right decision today. How do you keep from turning to food in moments like this? I've always used food as a kind of crutch and I really need to eradicate that horrible behavior.

I wish I was one of those people who could not eat, when stressed.

Give me strength to stay away from the junk food today! I don't need it, don't want it, and it will only make me feel worse!!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Exercise or walking...even drinking water.

Of course if your gimpy then your pretty much screwed.

I hope your problems resolve themselves quickly and you and D can find that middle ground.

Amy said...

Sex? Although if you argued with D, maybe not. I go upstairs and read sometimes.

Poltzie said...

Oh April,
I'm sorry things are shitty for you right now! Sending you big hugs and lots of love!!

Robyn said...

I don't know, I can be really good for a long time, and then wham, I'm horrible until I feel horrible about it.

ALF said...

If you find out how to be a non-eater, please let me know. I have been failing at it for years...

krissy said...

I'm gonna agree with Amy...Sex! And your argument with D will soon be a thing in the past!

Okay, actually I know how you feel b/c I am a stess eater too! And I have had arguements with my hubby too because of the family! I know your pain! You are just way, way to stressed right now girl. I think it's time to go have a drink with the girls and relax some!!! Or go watch a funny movie or t.v.show! Just laugh through your misery!!!

It will be okay!!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I am one of those people who can't eat when I am unhappy or stressed out. And the part that cracks me up? All my friends that wish they reacted to stress by not eating get totally freaked out when that's what I do!

(((HUGS))) Hope you're feeling better. I think we need to hide you away in a drama-free zone for a while. How many days til Disney World? =)

Chele76 said...

I'm sorry you had such a crappy day! Hopefully today is much better.... just think it's bright and sunny out today! It seems like today is the first time it's been sunny!

BTW, I flip-flop. SOmetimes I comfort eat, but when I am really, really, really down, I can't eat. In a twisted way I think, yea! I can drop 5 pounds! But then I get dizzy and light headed and nauseous.... those things just aren't worth it. :(

Smitty76 said...

Sex! Ha Ha! If I was home, I'd SO be there...but at work? LOL Probably not convenient...maybe I'll just have to *think* about sex at those moments. LOL Thanks for all your advice and thoughts girls! I appreciate it. I was really good...even at home when I wanted nothing more than to order pizza, I stuck to our meal plan and stayed on course!

Zoe said...

i never used to eat when i was stressed...but then i realized i was single and could drink or sleep. no longer an option.