Okay I'm stealing this from Keri and 'Chele cuz it seems like fun!
Six Quirks about Myself....
1. I can't fall asleep unless I'm fondling, touching, pulling on the corner of the fitted sheets on my bed. I need to be able to tug that little corner and roll it between my fingertips. Daryl thinks I'm a freak about it becuz every night before bed I tell him I have to "tighten up the sheets" when in all actuality I'm just making sure I have that little pulled-corner ready and waiting. LOL
2. I can't stand directly on a bathtub floor. Skin to floor. It skeeves me out. No matter how clean the bathtub is. I just need to have the feeling of a mat or SOMETHING under my feet, not the smooth, shiny porcelain. If there is no bathmat, I will actually lay down a face cloth or small towel to step on!
3. I can't STAND the sound/feeling it gives me to hear two hands rubbing together. Palm to palm....rubbing....Like sandpaper. *SHUDDER* It has the same affect on me that other people might feel when a nail is scratched down a chalkboard. I get goosebumps and have to cover up my ears. My friends all know this and now when they rub their hands together, they will suddenly remember and stop. What good friends I have.
4. I am the Queen of Piles. I must make piles out of anything that is laying on my kitchen table, coffee table, desk. If there are loose papers, or magazines, or D drops his keys and winter hat on the table, I immediately put everything into a neat pile either in the center of the table, or if there is already a decoration there, I put my new pile in the corner of the table. It gives me a sense of organization, even if it is just a pile of crap.
5. I see spiders everywhere. This might not be a quirk, I don't know, but it's a weird habit of mine. I stare at the ceilings at work and home, or at the floor, and anything--any blur that vaguely resembles a spider--I can't take my eyes off of it till I know what it is. I can't continue with whatever I'm doing (work, watching tv, reading) till I know that is or is not indeed a spider!
6. When I drive with the window open and my arm hanging out, or I stand on a bridge close to the edge, I automatically visualize either my arm being cut off, my ring falling off, or my whole body falling over the edge. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Morbid, much?
And since I'm a freakin' weirdo and could probably go on for DAYS with my quirks, I'll add one more bonus:
7. I have this weird thing I do with my eye lids. Sometimes I feel the need to pull them down, like drapes I guess you could say (using my fingertips on the eyelashes) till they make a soft sucking sound. It's not the sound I need, but sometimes i have this strange feeling of "fullness" in my eyes (beneath the lids) and it's the only way I can stop thinking about it. I'm a nut job. Yes.