Monday, February 04, 2008

Ugh. I'm suffering from a (over-indulgent, wine-induced) head ache this morning. And on top of that, I have ragin' PMS. I want pizza. At 10:30 in the morning. And it's only Monday and the weekend seems so far away....

How was your weekend(s)? Mine was decent. Friday night I went over a friend's house after work and got a massage. My back is still killing me. since the pain began last Wednesday...my muscles have been all out of whack and by Friday night I had felt like I had 2 or 3 golf-ball size knots in between my shoulder blades. The massage was awesome and felt so good, but we talked the entire time so it wasn't necessarily relaxing. Then I headed home where I was alone (Big D had to work till about midnight) so I made chicken parmesan with some yummy whole-wheat penne pasta and settled in for some tv time.

Saturday morning I woke up and decided to devote my entire day to cleaning the house...I did the kitchen last weekend so this weekend I still had to do the bathroom, living room and our bedroom. D had to run out and fix a furnace so on the way back he got us lattes which was my incentive to KEEP CLEANING. After that we went out and got a 1/4 keg of Sam Adam's spring (for Daryl's kegorator) in preparation of the Super Bowl party we were having. I also picked up two bottles of wine. After that we headed to the mall, and Littman's jewelers where we (YAY!!!!) bought my wedding ring! I'm so excited to get it next Saturday! Anyway, it's a thin white-gold band with teeny, tiny channel-set diamonds (like 4 or 5 of them I think? can't remember) in it. It looks so nice next to my engagement ring. Not big, or flashy...it's totally me! (Other than a gold necklace my mom bought me 2 years ago, these rings are the only REAL gold/diamonds I've ever worn/bought!) After ordering the ring, we went to dinner at 99 Restaurant. Then home to bed!

Sunday, we were so rudely woken at 4:00am by a phone call on my cell. We ignored it the first time; the second time the same number called Daryl picked up the phone and snapped "WHAT?". Some dude asked if we ordered a taxi. Uh, NO, you A$#HOLE! It's four in the morning and you have the WRONG NUMBER! And of course, neither of us could immediately fall back to sleep so we ended up watching tv for an hour or so. Then we straightened up the house, I ran to Target for a couple last minute items, then back home to start preparing our snacks for later on. I laid down on the bed with my kitty, Molly, and "accidentally" fell asleep (thankfully for only like 20 minutes or so). We had company over to watch the game and had a TON of food...it was crazy! Michele made the YUMMIEST spinach and artichoke dip, homemade pita chips and stuffed jalepenos. We also had people bring pigs in a blanket with dipping sauces, shrimp, taco dip and a football cake. I made roasted garlic and red pepper hummus with crackers and cookies and D made buffalo chicken wings and kielbasa. Like a said...a TON of food. Thankfully the food was good since the freakin' PATRIOTS LOST. GRRRRRRrrrrrrr......I still can't believe it....although if my Dad had still been alive, he would be as happy as a pig in shit right now. The Giants have ALWAYS been his team. As it was, the one (almost two) Giants fans were ushered out of the house by the nine angry Patriots fans. LOL

5 comments:

Amy said...

Your wedding ring kind of sounds like mine, although I'm not sure what channel set means! And wow on the food, we only had artichoke dip. But then, it was only the two of us. And I did make real lamb gyros for dinner, so that should count, I'd say.

Big D said...

yea I really dislike the Giants right now they ruined my pursuit for excellence

Poltzie said...

I'm sorry you are feeling crappy! If you are craving a pizza I have a really good low fat recipe.
Take a whole wheat pita and top with tomato sauce, any veggies you like (I use mushrooms and peppers), turkey peperoni and low fat cheese. Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes. It's great and filling too! Enjoy :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Boo. Eli.

Chele76 said...

The food was yummy, the times were good, the game was.....on? lol I guess I am finally coming to terms with my lack of interest with football. But the food and beer were good! lol

I STILL feel like I have a brick in my stomach. Nothing but vegetables for the next 3 days here! Detox time!