Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What is wrong with me?

I've been in such a funk lately...and today is no different. I'm moody, irritable (no, I'm not PMS'ing), cranky, sad...any slightly negative mood you can be in, that is me.

This morning driving in to work, I wanted to cry every time I drove through a puddle (and being that the weather man said we'd get more rain TODAY than we do normally in a month, it was a lot of puddles!)

I am so tired of feeling like this! I feel like every bad thing that can/will/is happening to other people is influencing my mood. And food? I've been eating everything in sight. I think I've probably gained like five pounds. AND THAT makes me want to cry too. I know the fact that I haven't been able to do any type of exercise since I hurt my back is another factor.

I've dealt with depression before so I know what it is but I don't think that is my problem. Maybe it's some kind of sun-deficit disorder? We've had like NO SUN (maybe just a total of a couple hours) in the past week and I know that is severely influencing my moods. I'm sorry I keep posting such negative crap but it seems to be all I've got!

And Valentine's Day is tomorrow...I know most people think Valentine's Day is very commercial but to me, it's a great day. I love it. I love ANY holiday which gives me an extra reason to show all my loved ones how much they mean to me. I usually do something special for Big D: a card, cute little gifts and/or chocolates, and homemade stuff. But this year it's different...I am not into it! I feel horrible cuz I still haven't even bought my D a card yet (becuz of the wedding, we opted to skip on any gifts this year). This is very unlike me. I did bake heart-shaped cookies the other day for D (still gotta frost them) but some of them came out too hard and again, I wanted to cry.

ARGH!! To make me think of something FUN and SUNNY and HAPPY I'm going to post pics from mine and D's Florida vaca last year.....



7 comments:

Melissa said...

Ok, now I'm depressed I want to be in Florida, too.

No, really the sun is shining here todya which means we will be sending it your way soon!! And it's been out ALL day!! Whoohoo!!

Driving With the Brakes On said...

I know it was so bad for me, but before I had kids to keep me too busy to notice, long stretches of cold/gloomy weather got me down, so I would indulge in a little artificial sunlight at the tanning salon. I don't know if it was the actual UV light or the extra color in my skin, but it always made me feel better. Hope your 'funk' ends soon!

Keri said...

It's definately S.A.D. ! i have a major case of it too.... give me spring soon or i will start running amuck naked !! no one wants to see that !

and loook at you rocking those shades !!

OHmommy said...

Me too! So moody lately.

Robyn said...

I hope you feel better.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day.

Amy said...

I'd wish my sun over to you to perk up your mood, but we don't have any either. And when we did last week, it was 5 degrees so way too cold to go out in it. Hope things get better.

~**Dawn**~ said...

You'll be in Florida soon and there will be lots of sunshine for you! (I hope. LOL. There would be if it were up to me.)