Thursday, March 06, 2008

32 years ago this day, my future husband was born!!
(coincidentally the same day my parents were married!)

Happy Birthday my Big D!

To the most favorite man in my life...the one who sings in the shower ("Secret AAAAAGGGGEEEEENNNNTTTT man!"), who loves peanut butter cups like me, who is strictly a jeans and tee-shirt manly-man but not afraid to cry during a very emotional movie (yep, I said it!). To the man who tells me all the time how beautiful I am and means it from the bottom of his heart (even when I've just woken up with morning breath, crazy hair, and blotchy skin). The man who loves to home projects and making our house a beautiful home. To the man who taught me what all the words really meant in those gangsta rap songs I love so much. To the best first date in my life, seriously. (P.S. the pic below is NOT from our first date.) To the silliest, most fun man I know who will giggle with me for hours, tickle me till I scream, and who taught me how to get out wrestling holds. To the man whose calluses I file becuz he asks me to (if that isn't love, I don't what it is!!!). To the man who cooks me dinner and does my laundry and wash dishes. To the man who loves Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia and puts up with me wanting pizza multiple times a week. To the man with the sweetest smile I know.
Happy 32nd Birthday Daryl.

I love you!


12 comments:

Keri said...

Happy birthday big D !!!
what a perfect tribute.
May you have a hundred more birthday's together to share and be in love more and more for each of them.

Melissa said...

Happy Birtday, D! I wish you many more. April, in that one picture you look like you have a beer bottle growing out of your head!

April said...

Ha ha! Melissa! I was waiting to see if anyone commented on that! LOL

Driving With the Brakes On said...

Happy Birthday to your man! What a lovely tribute. I hope you two do something special to honor his special day.

OHmommy said...

Happy birthday!!!!


Dude, does he ALWAYS smile so much. LOL. What a sweet man.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to him! Hopefully no waitresses hit on him at his birthday dinner (whenever that is).

And the BEST part about that bottom picture was the shot of your Buffy DVD's!

ALF said...

dude - Doug has to teach me what the words in rap songs really mean to. I go around singing the lyrics and he's all, "do you even know what that means?" Of course, I don't, I'm just singing!

Steph said...

Happy birthday big D!!!!

krissy said...

Awwwww....I just want to hug him! He looks so fun and lovable! Tell him Happy Birthday! You sappy ole' man! LOL!

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday D. He sounds like a keeper. Especially cluing you in to the gangster rap meanings.

Poltzie said...

Happy birthday to April's D!!
ps. When I eat pizza tonight April I will think of you :)
pps. That recipe is coming, my old lap top crashed and I can't get the recipe right now but I think hubby is working on it!

carrie said...

Happy Birthday (belated) to your guy! You guys look so in love . . . I love all the silly pictures! :)