Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!!!

What a great weekend! Or more specifically, what a great Saturday. :-) My matron of honor and I headed out to my dress fitting on Saturday morning. It was so much fun to put my dress back on, along with the headpiece, and get an idea of what I'll look like on THE day. And we also looked at jewelry and I picked out what I will wear for a necklace and earrings. The finished effect was so pretty! I couldn't stop smiling. Then after that, we headed home and met up with one of my bridesmaids who was already hanging with D...and we immediately dove into the favor-making. On Friday night, my mom and I had already made the chocolates (in both blue and brown) using molds I picked up from Michael's. I had also already printed out the message on ivory cards (that in lieu of favors, we'd be donating to The American Cancer Society in loving memory of my dad) so the girls and I started stamping on a blue butterfly and also punching holes in the cards (with a butterfly punch, no less!) to run the ribbon through to attach it to the small treat bag that held both a blue and a brown chocolate. The finished touch was VERY cool! We all agreed they came out perfectly.

Sunday, Daryl and I hiked with his grandma, out into the woods where D had up his hunting camera. After our hike back, his grandma made us lunch and we visited with the grandparents for a little bit before heading back home. The rest of the afternoon was spent in blessed laziness while D's corned beef and cabbage cooked in the crock pot. We had that for dinner with boiled red-skinned potatoes and carrots and then watched tv while I worked on our week's menu plan. Which now brings me to the fruits of my labor...I threw in a couple of recipes from my Weight Watchers cook books...all recipes new to me, so I promise to post how they come out! Enjoy!


Monday: Wheat pasta with tomato sauce and side green salads

Tuesday: Creamed Chicken and Biscuits (ww-8 points per serving)

Wednesday: Chili-Corn Bread Pie (ww-5 points per serving) with steamed green beans

Thursay: Pizza Night, having company over. Mmmm...pizza and wine...

Friday: Tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches

Saturday: Anything goes...

Easter Sunday: Happy Easter! Ham dinner with mashed potatoes, corn,another side and biscuits.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

You were so much busier than I was this weekend! The favors look great. So pretty. I can't wait to hear how the cream chicken comes out.

Wifey said...

Thanks for stopping by. Your chili corn bread pie sounds delicious! Have a great week!

happyhousewife said...

I love your chocolates and cards. What a neat idea to donate money in memory of your father... very special.

Mommychicky said...

I love your favors! I make a version of that chili-cornbread pie thing, it is soo good.

Motherhood for Dummies said...

ohhh like that idea with the candies!

ALF said...

ohhh - wedding preparations. What fun!

Robyn said...

the favors look awesome.

Keri said...

They came out BEAUTIFUL!! Love the colors!