Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Starting to feel those anxious butterflies in my stomach.

Sylvania, my contact at the location we're having the wedding at, called me today to go over some basic information regarding the wedding. And she detailed what we need to do/bring when we meet with her a week before the wedding. As well as reiterated that we had to pay the balance at that time.

Big stress.

Money. And organization. Two things I am not always good at. Actually I take that back, with organization I'm good about it at work, on a professional level. On a personal level? Not so much. So the thought of having to sit down and figure out (1) where everyone will be seated for the seating chart (which we totally have to do as opposed to letting everyone free-sit...there are certain family members that we do NOT want seated anywhere near each other or WWIII could erupt, after a few beers in) and (2) it means I need to sit down with D and do something I am so not good at, budget money, to be sure everything gets paid off in time. I'm really sweating these two things.

*SIGH*

I know this will all be over sooner than we can blink, and that it's all for a good cause...but is it bad that I want to skip right to the honeymoon?????

10 comments:

Poltzie said...

Wedding planning is stressful. Every bride to be should have a case of wine handy for just such occasions. I swear I was drunk thw whole month before my wedding!

Cecily R said...

I'm sorry you're so stressed. Maybe that's why I got married when I was young and too stupid to know how much money the dang things cost...

But you're right. It'll be over before you know it. It's YOUR day. I'm excited for you!!

Cecily R said...

P.S. I read some of Big D's blog today (my stupid battery died before I could comment and then I couldn't remember how I got there). How come there is a disclaimer on it before you get to it? I'm kind of a sheltered girl and I didn't find any of it offensive!!!!

Melissa said...

And now you know why we eloped...here's to a stressfree few days for you and D!

Robyn said...

It's fine to want to skip to the honeymoon. J & I have always said if we could do it over we'd elope, for the money reason alone.

Keri said...

M and i sat down and seriously considered eloping to Vegas... we counted up how much of the deposits we would already lose.

But i am SOOOOOOO glad we had our wedding. I look back on it as my most perfect day, aside from my kidlets... I view that day as the START of my 'life' so to speak.

tee hee... butterflies...

Melek said...

i think the wedding is the most stressful part of the whole marriage :) you'll feel much better when it's done, so get to it and knock it off your list. then move on to the good stuff...like packing cute outfits for the honeymoon! :)

April said...

Keri-OMG, it took me a second but I TOTALLY laughed at the butterflies comment! LOL

Poltzie-Okay, I'm coming clean...I DID have oodles of wine last night to de-stress! ha ha!

Cecily-I have NO idea why D's blog has a disclaimer..I think it's ridiculous. I bet someone was mad at him when he killed the mouse in our bathroom. It's the only thing I can think of (you can get to his blog on my sidebar...he would love a new reader, I'm sure. ;-) )

Melissa and Robyn-Daryl has joked from the first moments of stress that we SHOULD just elope, but #1 I was not willing to lose deposits and #2 I really AM so excited for the actual day. I just have to keep that fun visual in my head so I don't freak out about the not-so-fun parts! LOL

April said...

Melek-you snuck in a comment while I was responding! LOL I *totally* can't wait to start packing my cute outfits and bathing suit for the honeymoon. I'm excited about that!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I would be most excited about Disney too. ;-)