Friday, March 28, 2008

T-G-I-FREAKIN-F, baby!!!

It's Friday everyone. In case you all weren't aware of that. And I get to leave for the day at 2:00 pm! You can't beat that with a stick.

AND a certain someone got a little happy something in the mail yesterday...which I have been (along with Keri) eagerly anticipating! Giving gifts to people is so much fun! I literally get this excited feeling in the pit of my stomach and if I'm at a party and waiting for someone to open my gift, I'm the obnoxious one who shoves MY gift in front of everyone else's. Kind of like a "pick me! pick me!" of present-giving.

I'm also drinking my free Nonfat Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks right now...courtesy of Big D's Starbucks gift card. He is just a sweet little muffin who so generously offered up his last four dollars on the gift card so that his honey, ME, could fulfill a latte-craving. He's so good to me.

Hmmm...what else? Oh! I'm getting my nails done today! I ripped them off in what feels like eons ago...(I'm talking artificial here people, I'm not a sadist who rips off real fingernails)...and I've been wanting them back since. I don't have a ton of money so I'm not able to update my wardrobe or shoe collection too often (besides I'm kind of a jeans and sneaks girl most of the time. With a cute purse, of course, and some killer hoop earrings) so the one thing that makes me feel pretty---even when I'm having a bad hair day--is looking down at my damn pretty nails (especially French manicure! ooh ooh!) while I'm typing away at work. Love it!

So needless to say, today is gonna be a rockin' day.

11 comments:

Keri said...

Oh... she got it... woooohooo...
I hope Lawson gets all comfy in it.

starbucks sounds yummie right now... i have coffee with no sugar.. yuck.

ALF said...

You love giving gifts too? I freakin love, love, love to give people gifts. And I love to give good gifts, ones that people really want. Doug can't understand it. A good gift to him is a bottle of advil...

Cecily R said...

Yay for friday!! I need a good friday like yours...so far the best thing to come out of today is Evie's nap...:)

P.S. I haven't had my nails done in an eternity either...I'm jealous!

Rhea said...

Sounds like a great day!! Have fun!

Dan Mega said...

Lucky duck. This weekend shall suck.

Robyn said...

I can't take fake nails. I've had them twice, the first time they burnt the crap out of my nails and made it hard for me to get them done for my wedding which was the second time. They were off before the honeymoon was over. My nails grow pretty fast so I don't really worry about it. Though I could use a good mani.

Poltzie said...

See the tribute to you and Keri on my blog!
Thanks again you are just the most amazing woman, I am lucky to of found the two of you!
I'm still shocked!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I haven't had my nails done since I moved to Florida. I had them done for years back in CT, but I just couldn't afford it after I moved. Every once in a while, I will see a glimpse of them in an old photo of me & I miss them.

OHmommy said...

Happy Weekend to you. :) I tagged you over on my blog. :)

jessica said...

yay for fridays and lattes!

i'm with you on the gifts :)

carrie said...

Hope you had a great weekend!

Mmmmm . . . Gingerbread Latte! :)