Thursday, March 13, 2008

Well, I must be doing something right. And I think red may just be my color. (Warning, a pat on the back to follow.)

I came in today with my red sweater on, having a good hair day and with a yummy Starbucks latte in my hand and a smile on my face. (What can I say, Starbucks lattes make me happy! But only ONCE-A-WEEK happy. They're too damn expensive.)

B, another employee here who I only see once in a blue moon (he works at a different campus usually), was like, "Whoa, April! You look great! Did you do something different to your hair?"

Um, no. Haven't cut it in eons...letting it grow. And the last time I colored it was probably like 3-4 weeks ago?

"No," I answered smiling,"but I did lose five pounds!" (you know I just had to throw that in. LOL)

"Hmmm, I don't think that's it. Are you pregnant? You are just glowing!"

No, definiteley not pregnant. But, glowing? I like that!

He reiterated that I looked great and very happy (okay by this point, my head is starting to swell a little bit.) and then after that I had 3 or 4 coworkers stop at my desk at different times to tell me that I look great in red, that I looked "fabulous" today, etc., etc.

First of all, I must be sending out some serious baby vibes. (heheh, as if you all didn't know.)
Secondly, I've come to a conclusion: HAPPY=BEAUTIFUL

I am talking inner beauty here, people...not being conceited (even though I do look pretty hot today, if I say so myself!). I really do think that when someone is happy, it is just a visual, apparent and noticeable thing. It shows in your face, in your walk, in your whole demeanor. I thought really long and hard about it after B left my office...about being happy. What that word means to me.

Yes, I admit, I've had my cranky, crunchy moments here and there lately. But when it comes right down to it, I realized that right now--in this moment in my life--I am the happiest I've ever been. I'm not going to lie and say my life is perfect. Lord knows, that is far from the truth. I have too much debt, not enough money, I miss my father immensly and still wish he was here, and the rest of my family makes me absolutely bonkers some days, but in the grand scheme of things, I realize that I am pretty damn happy with where my life has ended up. This crazy road of life, with all its twists and turns and potholes, has brought me to a really beautiful and unique destination, one where I (for the most part) like who I am, LOVE my D and can't wait to meet him at the end of that aisle May 17th, love our little house (even though it's tiny and not in the greatest of towns) becuz it is a roof over our heads and much more than some other people have...I appreciate that...and I'm on the verge of creating a new life (God willing) and making our family complete. I really and truly couldn't ask for much more in life right now.

I am no where near where I always thought I'd be--
WHO I thought I'd be--at thirty one years old...but I am definitely and 100%... a happy ME. And damn proud of that.

11 comments:

Chele76 said...

:)

jessica said...

that is absolutely fantastic. and i am the same way right now. congrats, and past on the back all around!!

Melissa said...

Part of growing up is realizing nothing is ever perfect but it can still be pretty damn good!

I'm glad your happy!

Amy said...

Yay! For everything.

Motherhood for Dummies said...

Oh yea!

Keri said...

Hell, i thought i'd be dead by 30... so i think i'm doing pretty damn good myself!

and i am a HUGE believer in positive thinking makes a positive vibe surrond you.

Dan Mega said...

Hooray for Happy

Robyn said...

Yay for you! I agree sometimes the mood you're in effects everything.

OHmommy said...

I really do think that when someone is happy, it is just a visual, apparent and noticeable thing


YES!!!!! I agree. It only took me 30 flipping years to figure out. Wish I got the memo at 16. LOL.

creative-type dad said...

I like your outlook. I'm like that most of the time.
Although, I'm not sure, my memory is a little rusty after turning 30 years ago.

Flea said...

Yay! Knights in shining armor and white steeds do not happiness make. Have you seen Enchanted? I think that's what it's called - the fairy tale princess transported to reality? Good movie. Happy is so good!