Sunday, April 13, 2008


Happy Monday! (that's an oxymoron, if I've ever heard one.) Busy weekend. Friday night wasn't too bad, just did some laundry and straightened up the house. Saturday morning we were up and out early and off to D's Dad and Girlfriend's house where he did a tune-up on their furnace and then we hung out and bs'd for a couple of hours. By the time we got back close to home, it was 1:30pm, and since we'd both missed breakfast, D brought me to a local deli in Middletown that he liked, grabbed some sandwiches, and headed to a nearby park where we pulled up by the lake and ate our lunch. The weather was gorgeous on Saturday...a true spring day, sunny and mild and it just felt so good to breathe in the fresh air! We had to run to Lowe's after that to get a few items for the house, then once home I dove back into the laundry while D worked on our laminate flooring upstairs (it's taking forever cuz he's only been doing a little at a time, as we happen to have free time). Then I ran to Kohl's with some gift cards I had and did some bargain shopping...I did damn good...got a cute little dress for the rehearsal dinner, for $7.20. Also a pretty necklace and earrings to go with it for under ten bucks. I got a pair of denim capris, a sweater tank and a pair of jeans for the honeymoon/summertime. Kohl's had awesome sales going on.

Sunday we were up early again and after my shower we headed out for bagels at Panera (mmm...Panera). The girl/guy who rang me out was named "Jeri" and had a completely feminine voice, hair in a bun held by a hair elastic, long fingernails...but extreme facial hair. As in, a five o'clock shadow. It was majorly confusing. LOL We then were off to our appointment with the photographer after narrowing down all the details and what pics we wanted, we chatted about anything and everyting with her for another half hour or so. Her and her hubby are so, so cool with a sense of humor...and down to earth like D and I. Love their personalities AND their great style. After that it was back home where D dug out our summer clothes (well at least mine, can't find his. I think most of his are still in his closet) and started washing them. I realized, last Thursday, on the really warm and mild day that we had during the week that I have almost nothing spring-y to wear that is unpacked. We had dinner plans later on in the day with Sarah, Brian and little Julia...they were treating us for dog-sitting. So we ate dinner and beer with them and had fun, then stopped for ice cream on the way home.
I washed some more spring/summer clothes and then it was off to bed. And this week's Menu Plan is completley off the cuff as I wasn't able to check the freezer/pantry before creating it...hope we have this stuff! LOL

Monday: whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce, steamed broccoli
Tuesday: barbecued chicken on the grill, grilled sweet potatoes, and corn

Wednesday: kielbasa, Annie's mac and cheese, and steamed green beans
Thursday: Pizza Night

Friday: Salads with grilled chicken, steamed veggies on the side
Saturday and Sunday: In Newport, RI eating out, and drinking lots of wine!!!

11 comments:

Law Student Hot Mama said...

Ok, when I was in college, we had this on-campus restaurant with an androgynous person like that. S/he would always call out the orders "526 to go" . . . except that the first half (the 526 part) would be in a femme voice and the latter part would sound manly. I was always thoroughly confused. And I never know what to do when the androgynous person ALSO has a really ambiguous name . . . like Pat . . . or Alex. *sigh*

Robyn said...

Kohls is awesome sometimes. I used my 30% off coupon.
I love Panera.
I'm slowly working my capris out, yay, I'm glad the nice weather is coming.

Melissa said...

Loving the Panera...not so much the I'm not sure if this is a girl or guy person! :)

Poltzie said...

I love how you have pizza once a week!
Glad you had a good weekend, you deserve it!

Rhea said...

Glad you got some good deals on outfits.

I didn't realize Panera's was a huge chain! When you mentioned it, I was like, "Oh, my gosh, they live near me!" then I looked it up and they are all over. lol Oh, well, learn something new!

Cecily R said...

Way to rock the bargains!!

Love the picture of you and D.

I'll be there for dinner on Tuesday. You don't mind feeding six extra people (Jon counts for two and a half, Evie a half...), right?

Sarah said...

Yum! Looks like a great menu and a great week! Tuesday's dinner looks like a favorite!

Best,
Sarah

jessica said...

wow, that's crazy shopping! good for you! cute pic of the two of you.

Chele76 said...

mmmm.... Panera.

krissy said...

I love panera but I don't like people who confuse me with their gender. I'm so upfront and honest I always just feel like asking "Are you a boy or a girl?"

It's not like I care what gender they are but I still just need to know.

Boy that wedding is sneaking up on ya eh????

A Juggling Mum said...

Great menu, everything sounds so good :)
Have a great week!

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

PS - I have a competition running at the moment for a free blog design. If you win you can use it yourself or give it to a friend. Go to http://www.funandfunkyblogdesign.com :)