Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My friends are the freakin' BEST.

Who else gets thrown two different bachelorette parties by their fabulous friends? Who else besides ME? I'm so excited I feel like I'm going to burst!

Bachelorette Party #1: A week from this Saturday, myself, Michele and Keri (and their friend Melissa who I can't remember if I've met before) will be cruising on our way to Newport, Rhode Island for an over-night. I've lived in CT all of my life and yet have never been to Newport before (well except for one time about ten years ago, I went on a Saturday night with a guy I'd been seeing for a few weeks...we stayed at a house him and his friends rented and went to some crappy bar, had a cheeseburger for dinner, and then slept on an air mattress and listened to the orgies going on all around us all night long. Sweet time, man.) Needless to say, I'm super excited to see Newport by daylight, tour a couple of the beautiful and historic mansions, drink some lovely wine in the oldest bar in Newport, and have a fabulous dinner that doesn't consist of a cheeseburger thrown down on the grill. I am not a seafood person, which I know is a huge part of Newport, but I'm sure there will be so many other yummy options for me to partake in--and who knows, maybe I'll be daring and sample a teeny bit of seafood! So I'm ready to drink it in all in, baby! Keri (aka: Anal Monster, LOL) is busy consulting with 'Chele and planning out our time line for the 24 hours we'll be in Newport. We're staying overnight at a hotel, that has a yummy heated pool, and we will probably be heading back home on that Sunday after lunch. It will be a great time!

Bachelorette Party #2: TWO weeks from this Saturday, I will be hitting the town (Hartford, specifically, where all the bars, clubs and restaurants are clustered together making it uber-easy for a bunch of intoxicated women to stumble to and fro...) with about eight of my girlies, for drinks and appetizers, some booty-shakin', hopefully no penis-tiaras, and a damn good time! Since we had such a hard time figuring out who was going to be the DD (cuz obviously, that won't be moi and no one else seemed to want to volunteer!), the grooms-woman in our wedding, pretty Lorelei, came up with the idea to stay overnight at a hotel. Now, knowing I was already staying overnight away from home the weekend before that, I wasn't too sure Big D would be so keen on the idea.

Big D told us to go party it up.

SO, Lorelei is booking the hotel and with help from my MOH, April #2, is coordinating with the girls to find out who is staying overnight and who is just planning on meeting us. I'm very much so looking forward to this! It's not often I can get together with so many of my friends for a night out on the town...with different work schedules, husbands, children, and LIFE going on for many of us, planning a big get-together is usually nearly impossible. But I guess your friend getting married in 37 days is a pretty good reason to adjust work schedules, hire baby-sitters and/or cajole hubby's into "letting" them out for a night.

SO just a warning, ladies and gentlemen...be ready for some fun/silly/crazy/scary photographs being posted within the next 2-3 weeks! Fasten your seat belts...it's going to be an--ahem-- interesting ride!!



11 comments:

Melissa said...

You are getting so close now! I love when all of the stuff comes together and the partying starts!

I hope you have a blast and I have no doubt that you will!

Law Student Hot Mama said...

Ah, my bachelorette party. From what I can remember, I was dry humping a bar stool and singing karaoke making no attempt at actually singing the words and/or carrying a tune.

Maybe it's better I forget about it . . . .

April said...

*SNORT* Law-Mama...I think I just inhaled that sip of coffee I was sipping..."dry humping a bar stool and singing karaoke"...what a visual...LOL

Poltzie said...

April that sounds GREAT! I'm glad you have so many people in your life who will treat you so well - you deserve it!
My stagette was taken hostage by my SIL (who is a stupid stupid bitch btw) and it sucked, my friends now call it Tiffany's stagette haha!
and wow, I can't believe that you are getting married in 37 days, I'm so happy for you!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

oh yea...bacheloreet parties. Always fun to throw and always fun to go! I remember mine, but I probably should say what we did, what I got, and what was said. :)

April said...

M.F.D.-DO tell...you can't leave us hanging like that! LOL

Melek said...

Woohoo!!! sounds awesome! can i come? :)
we want photos posted on your blog!

Big D said...

you better remember that I frequent your blog crazy ass 37 days till im married Im going to newport with crazy keri and merri michele lol I am watching lol and yes I have just implanted a gps device in your skin so I can track your every moment lol have fun girls I cant wait for the play by play when you girls get back. OH and I hope one of them has to hold your hair while your driving the porcelain bus GIRL

OHmommy said...

Dude... have an awesome time. You really do have some great friends!

Robyn said...

Whoo hoo have a great time at both.

Rhea said...

The Newport trip sounds like a lot of fun. I've never been there.

Two bachlorette parties? That's awesome! A penis tiara? I've never heard of such a thing. Kind of hard to visualize actually...