Friday, April 11, 2008

Okay peeps...time for me to own up.

I know I've been pretty damn quiet on the weight loss/gain front and that's becuz I've been so damn frustrated. I know if I started talking about it, I wouldn't stop. But I need to 'fess up that I've been flirting with the same damn five pound loss for about 6-7 weeks now. It's so frustrating. Two pounds down, then a pound up the next week, etc, etc.

I have not been religiously following my points and I know what I need to do. But with all the parties and family stuff going on lately, I constantly feel like food and drinks are surrounding me! I need to come up with a better game plan so that I don't end up going hungry somewhere then stuffing my face and regretting it later. It's a tiring cycle. And I'm sick of beating myself up over food!

But on a happier note, I've been doing my upper body weights at home every other day, also squats with weights, and crunches. My hiney is shrinking! WOO HOO! Daryl keeps telling me I don't have a hiney, which is very sweet, but so untrue...I love those rose-colored glasses our honey's wear when they look at us. Heh. Cuz believe me, that baby is still there...lol...I just need to do some more tightening up, if you know what I mean! And I do finally notice a difference in my jiggly arms! My biceps are starting to look pretty sweet but the thing that is taking FOREVER to go away...you know what I mean ladies, that horribly, unattractive jiggly mass that kinda hangs from the underside of your arms. *SHUDDER* You know, when you wave and your arm starts flapping like a freakin' wing? That's the one. I've managed to shrink those little lovelies but haven't been able to fully make them disappear. I used to have awesome arms in my twenties (hell my body was pretty awesome back then...what the hell happened in the last 5-8 years?? And to think, I didn't appreciate how good I looked! Sheesh), and I worked hard to get them with a killer kickboxing class, but I'm finding it so much harder this time around to get the results I want. I guess I just need to be patient.

And keep visualizing that strapless dress I'll be wearing in almost thirty days in front of a hundred people...yikes....

14 comments:

Morpheus said...

Oh! I'm the first who comments in this post. I like the way you write ... Nice blog...
You have to know I leave in Greece
(far away ha ?) and I read your posts ...
Have a nice day ...

Flea said...

You KNOW ... muscle is much heavier than fat. You're probably smaller than you think. :)

April said...

Holy crap! I feel popular! I have a vistor from Greece! Hi Morpheus. :-)

And Flea, I like the way you think! LOL

Steph said...

isn't it a shame we all didn't appreciate how we looked back then???? Man I wish I had been wearing the hoochie mama clothes back !

Melissa said...

Sweetheart, no one will be looking at your arms. They will be looking at how beautiful you look all put together. I can't wait to see the photos and hear all about big day.

ALF said...

you'll look great in your dress. And no one will be looking at your arms.

Amy said...

Yup, no one will pay attention, unless you're by chance inviting 100 sticks. Besides, you'll be carrying that bouquet, just position your arms strategically!

Rhea said...

Don't forget...exercising and weights makes muscle, which makes pounds, so that weight you've been losing and gaining back and forth the last few weeks? Could mainly be muscle.

Don't sweat it! We all go through slumps. You can do it!

VBF! said...

*GiGGLeS* Great blog! I spotted your link on Rheas blog!!

SO COOL That you're getting married soon! I remember franticly trying to drop a few KG's before the big day!

What I found really helped was a low carb diet! I Cut out all the bread and potatos and high sugared foods and lived on meat and cheese and eggs etc!!! I was dropping like 4KG a week!!! :-) xx

Law Student Hot Mama said...

Ok, first off, my arse is GINORMOUS. And I love it! I have the biggest white girl arse you've ever seen.

Secondly, when I got married I had eaten so much food at all the pre-wedding festivities I was SO happy when the dress actually zipped. Heh.

I second flea's sentiments that muscle is heavier - if you've been doing weights you're probably not losing weight . . . but you're losing fat. So that's good. And if you have more muscle, then you can eat more food and be less fat!

Law Student Hot Mama said...

Oh, and PS - you'll look good in your dress. ALL brides look good.

OHmommy said...

I can't wait to see how great you look in your dress. It is coming up so fast. You will look great.

I chewed a lot of sugarless gum surrounding the days before my wedding, at parties. It helped me shed those last couple of pounds. You chew gum - and it ruins your palate so you don't over stuff.

Does that make sense?

OHmommy said...

oh... and one more thing... NO ONE will be looking at your arms.

No one.

They will be looking at your love.

Big D said...

yeah oh mommy is right they will be looking at me all dressed up and HOT..woot woot wait till you see me grr