Friday, April 25, 2008

Well today is definitely a new day for me.

It's Friday and I'm very thankful about that as I sit here and eat my fruit and yogurt (yay! no more junk food! Trying to be diligent about not turning to bad food when I'm stressed...so far so good this week.) for breakfast. I went for a walk last night with my little overweight Daisy and even though I can't go as far as I would like due to my doggie being out of shape (we're working up to going further than a mile...she's only a small dog and needs to drop a few lb's so I don't want to overwhelm her!) but we still managed a good healthy mile. I find walking in the beautiful spring weather to be so therapuetic for me! I just inhaled all the fragrant flower and tree scents along the way, and pretty much cleared my brain of all the crap, and just felt happy to be alive. It was a great feeling! I wish I could do it again tonight but I have to go to a sex toy party (YES, another one...my friends are pervs, I tell ya! I won't be buying tonight though, not so close to the wedding with other more important things to spend money on. But my friend just wants me and Big D to come anyway, to have some fun. It's a co-ed party.)

Anyway, tomorrow morning I got a few errands to run: gotta drop off D's stag tickets to one of his groomsmen, then might take a run to Kohl's to see if I can find a cute shirt on sale to wear out in the evening. I've had some good luck lately with Kohl's sales. I also seriously need to clean the house too...that's one thing that's been stressing me out big-time lately. I did finally start catching up on the laundry and washed our sheets and blankets last night and changed the kitty litters, and Big D washed all the dishes, so I did feel like I'm slowly started to make accomplishments. Anyway, tomorrow night is my Bachelorette Night Out!
I'm pretty darn excited about this. I think there will be a total of eight of us (a ninth may be joining us out later on) and five of those (including me) are staying overnight at a hotel so we don't have to worry about anyone driving home intoxicated. I hear a couple of surprises are in store for me. I can only imagine. Heh. And Sunday I plan on making that a lazy, recup day. I'm sure I'll need it after my crazy night out Saturday. All in all, I'm looking forward to some major stress-relief this weekend.

I hope you all also have fabulous, stress-free weekends. Enjoy them!

10 comments:

Chele76 said...

I hope to see lots of pictures! :)

Keri said...

Hope everything goes smoothly and have LOTS OF FUN!!

Law Student Hot Mama said...

That sounds like fun!

Oh for the love of Jehovah, my bachelorette party . . . just thinking about it makes me want to sip some tepid water, eat Saltines, and pop Asprin.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Ah yes. Nothing like a long walk to refresh the soul. (Doesn't hurt that it's Friday either. ;-) )

Heather said...

enjoy your weekend!

Melek said...

try swimming for your dog if you have access to a lake or body of water. it's less strenuous on their joints and it is better for them than lots of walking (easier on the feet). i'm doing that with zeke and it totally wipes him out.

happy almost weekend!

Rhea said...

Glad you're feeling better today!! Sounds like you have some fun things planned. :o)

Robyn said...

I feel bad now not taking my pooch out more often. He's a little chunky himself.
Have a wonderful weekend!!

ALF said...

So far my weekend is stressFUL but I hope yours is awesome. And I wish we lived close so we could be real life friends and go for walks together! I totally need a theraputic walk right now...

Rural Writer said...

Take it easy and enjoy. Im wishing you the best time ever.