Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Blog friends.

THEY ARE AMAZING, AREN'T THEY?

I came into this whole bloggin' expeience not really sure what to expect. For about a year of it, the only person who read my blog (that I know of, heh) was 'Chele who I am friends with in real life...and who turned me onto the bloggin' world. (Thanks,girl! You've created a monster! LOL)

Then I slowly got over that grade school feeling--the thing holding me back from commenting on other people's blogs, you know "oh god, what if they don't like me?"--and the turning point came after reading Keri's blog about her sweet little dog, Ozzie's, passing. The way she seemed to lay her soul on the blog for all to read and relate to, it just touched a chord in me...I could relate and I was so in awe of her ability to share. I had to comment. And that started me on my way....(and then actually meeting Keri in person was fun, strange and one of the coolest feelings ever....it's like having someone "know" YOU before they ever MEET YOU! Loved it! And love the fact that I have a great new friend!)

And now I've "met" so many great people online through their blogs, reading about little bits and pieces of each and every one of their lives. The good and the bad. I know their husbands quirky traits, their children's nicknames and funny experiences, and each blogger's personality just seems to leap off the page at me.

You guys make me laugh. You make me cry. You make me appreciate my own life, and how lucky I am, a little bit more each and every day. You make me stop and SMELL the roses. And admire their beauty and how each petal feels beneath my fingertips. I thank you all for that. It may sound incredibly sappy (hey, I'm a big 'ol sap, I won't lie) but it's true!

AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS AND COMPLIMENTS regarding the wedding. It is so sweet and appreciated. My only wish is that I'd have a chance to meet you ALL in person!

And on that note...thank you, thank you, thank you Steph (over at the Daily Grind) for bringing a smile to my face when I walked through the door after work today and saw a package laying on the coffee table.

"Daryl we got a package!" I squealed.

"Duh. Who do you think brought it in the house?" He teased.

Stephanie you are so crafty and sweet! We both love the frame so, so much and can't wait to print out the perfect picture to go into it! And the bracelet is perfect and *SO* me! And even the cute little box it was in...I love it! You are awesome!! I promise to post pictures as soon as I can find my camera...we're still not fully "back" yet from the honeymoon...it still looks like a bomb exploded in our house. ;-) But I couldn't not post my appreication to you for your thoughtfulness! and to all my bloggy-buddies for your daily kind words...I'm a comment-whore and I look forward to reading them every day!!!

20 comments:

Tranny Head said...

Admit it! You stole "comment-whore" from ME!!!

It's ok, I still luv ya.

April said...

You know I was thinking that YOU stole it from me! LOL I've thought it of myself but maybe never wrote it down before...I think secretly I covet your big 'ol Tranny head. I admit it. LOL

Flea said...

You're such a gorgeous bride! And I love bloggy friends too. Awesome way for introverts to stay connected. :)

Poltzie said...

I LOVE this post! I feel the same way and I also LOVED my package from Steph, isn't she wonderful!!!

Taj said...

Oh..I think I totally need to go find this Steph! Anyone who gives good gifts has to be fabulous! ;)

Congratulations (if I haven't said it already)! You were a lovely bride!

Great post!

Stephanie said...

Thanks to you for sharing with all of us. I checked on you daily leading up to the wedding, and couldn't wait to see some pictures after. You look amazing, and I am so happy for you that you had good weather. So, did you get over being nervous about being the center of attentino once you started down the aisle? Seeing my Husband's face was all it took for me.

Stephanie said...

You must have read my mind because I too posted about meeting a blog friend today :) I love blog friends too and know exactly how you feel!

Keri said...

Although it was one of the most painful times in my life , and i still miss him every day...
I am glad Ozzie sent me a new friend ;>

~**Dawn**~ said...

I think it is the coolest thing, how we get to meet all these people we otherwise might never have corssed paths with. I've "met" so many awesome people through my blog. Some just keep in touch through our blogs. Others I email with regularly. Some I even chat with on the phone. And a few I have actually gotten to meet in real life & have become actual live friends. Amazing. =)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oh & I *totally* get the whole "feeling self-conscious about leaving a comment on a new blog" thing. It still happens to me on occasion. But then I remember how many cool people I've gotten to "meet" by leaving a comment & how much I wish people would not be nervous to comment on *my* blog -- and I get over it. =)

Melissa said...

This explains why I blog so perfectly. Who knew that I would met so many people I consider friends? I'm so glad I started blogging!

Krystyn said...

"Comment whore" that's funny. Aren't we all?

Hope my comments helped, too.

jules said...

That is so funny, being new to blogging, that is how I feel right now-will they like me? will they get mad that I left a comment. I'm glad it's not just me being insecure. At first Michele was my only visitor, and now I have a few new people I am blogging with. It is very cool!!

Welcome back married lady :) !!!

Steph said...

Aww thanks for the thank yous, Babies, Weddings and Birthdays are special days I like to celebrate! I weird that way!!! I am so glad you liked the gift. I was kinda flying blind since I didn't know your "style" but sounds like I did OK. Enjoy!

Rhea said...

When I first joined the blogosphere a few months ago, I had no idea I was going to make friends. I didn't know that was part of it! I LOVE it!

Cecily R said...

I find myself talking about blog friends all the time like we've known each other for years. I LOVE it!!

Kori said...

I have been blogging a short time. And Origianlly I had only planned for it to be for family to keep up to date with all the happenings in our life and to cut down on the tremendous amount of phone calls we were getting after Richard got diagnosed this last time.

Saying all that I couldn't be more thankful for the wonderful friends I have made over the past month. It has really been a blessing to me.

ALF said...

Bloggy friends are fun. Although I'm sad I've never met any of them in real life.

Robyn said...

I know I worry that all my comments are lame and basically the same from day to day, but I try peeps. That is pretty cool to get something from a fellow blogger, I've wanted to send something to a few people from time to time. I do feel like I have made friends blogging

Chele76 said...

yea... they're good peeps. I remember having a REALLY bad day one day and there was a card in the mail from Nichole. I cried my eyes out because it meant so much.