Tuesday, May 06, 2008

ELEVEN (maybe ten by the time everyone reads this) more days!

Holy crap!

I have to really sit down and solidify the thirty different lists I have started. (Yes, I'm a list-girl.) I have a list for things left to buy. A list for things left to DO. A list of what I need to give each vendor. A list of what to pack for the honeymoon. (and yes, I'm one of those. No way in hell can I just "wing it" and throw things willy-nilly into my suitcase. I need to know right down to the last pair of undies and dental floss, that I haven't forgotten a thing!) It's endless!

But at least now I see an end in sight. A light at the end of this long, dark tunnel! My Big D has been such a good sport through-out this whole process...from the manic craziness I've displayed right down to the obsessive tears. He's taken in all in stride. Just like me, he's very eager to finally have some fun. We deserve it! This has been a tough year, not only in part due to the wedding planning, so it will feel great to have a week away on our honeymoon to try to "forget" all our problems. And to visit my favorite big Mouse. :-) I swear, I'm like a kid, I'm so freakin' excited. We sat down and created a loose itinerary for the majority of the trip (while we're in Disney...thanks Dawn!!) cuz there is so much we want to see and do and now that it's just us going (in the past we've always gone with others and kind of been at their whim), we can actually DO all that we want. Neither of us wants to waste precious vacation time wandering around in circles, asking Minnie for directions!

Then the second half of the week that we spend at our friend's house near Clearwater Beach will be pure bliss. Relaxation. Drinking a beer on his back patio...or laying out and soaking up the warm sun at the beach while digging my toes in the sand (one of my favorite feelings).

Aaaahhhhhh....I can almost taste the salty air. And to compliment that salty air, I just bought a new bathing suit! I ordered it online yesterday from good 'ol VS and paid to have the express 2-day shipping to insure I get it stat! And no, there will be no bikini; with all the stress-eating I've done the last couple months, me putting on a bikini would make small children cry. Not a good thing.

So the cute red one is the tankini I bought and the bottom black skirt is what I bought since I'm sure there will be days (after vacation eating) that no one, I repeat, no one (well except for D!) will want or need to see my fat ass! It's cute and flirty, eh?


Anyway, now I gotta run and go work on my list for the craft store. Still a bunch of stuff I need there including but not limited to, the little pearl-tipped pins (for the fabulous bouts Keri is making!), candles for the centerpiece candle-holders, and a freakin' ring bearer pillow which I completely forgot all about till last week! Oops! I wonder what else I'm forgetting????

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm a list maker too. I refuse to wing it on any vacation because knowing me, I'd forget my swimsuit! Haha!
I can't wait to see all the pictures. I bet they will be amazing! Especially with that new camera!

Krystyn said...

Busy, busy, busy.

I makes lists, too. And I make lists of lists (and I still manage to sometimes forget stuff). At least, you will be a place where you can buy things if need be!

It will all be worth it!

photogirl218 said...

GREAT SUIT GIRLFRIEND!

Poltzie said...

I bet you will look awesome in your new suit and I'm sure your husband will also think so!
Don't worry about forgetting things. Whatever goes wrong on the big day will be what you laugh about after.
I'm so excited for you!!!!!!

Amy said...

I'm excited and I don't even get to come.

jules said...

I'm a list girl too! I make many lists, I think it isn't what is on the list that helps me but making the list itself that helps me.

Have fun on the honeymoon!! Our honeymoon was one of the best times of our lives.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Lists make everything so much easier. I make detailed lists too, *especially* when I travel. I hope you guys have a wonderful magical time at WDW!!

Law Student Hot Mama said...

I just broke down and ordered a bathing suit, too. Though it's got a much longer skirt . . . but it's a bikini damnit. I may be a mom but I'm not DEAD!

ALF said...

We used to live in Clearwater! Terrible place to live but an awesome place to visit - you're going to have so much fun!

Keri said...

I LOVE LISTS! i so got that from my mom, i fact i still have a few of her lists around in stuff she gave me. like a coat pocket.

Got Big D's left and then i'm done... wooooohooooo! so freakin awesome they look!

oh, and if i buy the top suit, can i pay extra to have that body??

krissy said...

Crap girl...your gonna look hot in those swimsuits.

But, hey, you didn't read the other post of mine today. You have been tagged by me. And dog darnit, I know your busy and all with this wedding and honeymoon and craft stores but it's simple and easy. And I know you love me enough to do it......(does guilt work?)

Don said...

Relaxation. Drinking a beer on his back patio...or laying out and soaking up the warm sun at the beach while digging my toes in the sand (one of my favorite feelings). Isn't this one of the best feelings in the world. That feeling of complete enjoyment.

I too am a list person. I couldn't imagine myself not being one.

Robyn said...

I am anal about packing, I always over pack.
That suit is really nice.
Don't worry it will all come together.

tricki_nicki said...

Good luck getting everything done! I love your suit - red's going to look great on you.