Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Here are some photos I took this past weekend. Trying to break in the new Nikon and learn as I go.


This is my cute cousin AJ (also our ring-bearer) being silly....




And from our brief little fishing excursion this weekend...I think Daryl said this is trout? (I'm obviously not a fish person! LOL)


These next couple shots our from a really cool covered-bridge. I love covered bridges!




And here is me and my Grammie and another shot of AJ and Grammie (good news for a future post about my grandmother, guys!!):


And how could I post random pictures without a few of our furry babies? I love this bottom shot, I caught Daryl and Tucker right before the "smooch".

I really love this next shot of Daisy...look at the little whiskers on her chinny-chin-chin!And this is our little attack cat, Molly, if you have not read the story go do it now:
Below are just some random shots I took while testing out different functions...and yes some of them are at a cemetery. I have kind of an obsession with cemeteries, the older the better. They fascinate me and I love to read each name and inscription and try to imagine what that person looked like or what his/her life was like:

16 comments:

Krystyn said...

Great pics. I'm looking into getting and SLR, too!

Stephanie said...

Great pictures! Aren't new cameras so fun?!

Amy said...

My best friend in high school liked cemeteries too. Except she took a guy there on a first date. Bad idea.

ALF said...

don't you just love, love, love your new camera???

April said...

Girls-Words can not DESCRIBE how much I love my new camera! LOL I love the fact that with pictures of my pooch, I can see their adorable little whiskers! Everything is just so much cleaner and clearer! I am so excited to bring this camera to Florida with us in eleven more days!

Amy-Definitely not a good idea. LOL

photogirl218 said...

GREAT PICS! KEEP ON SNAPPIN!

nichole m said...

You like old cemeteries, too? I thought I was the only weird one. ;-) My fascination grew when I lived on the east coast for a while. Out here in CA, it's hard to find anything older than late 1800s. Except the missions, of course.

OHmommy said...

YEAH! You got a Nikon. YOU ROCK!!!

So do your pictures.

Steph said...

Totally digging the photos.

Dan Mega said...

I sure hope that fish found a good home- in someone's stomach.

Robyn said...

Great photos! I want to take Daisy home. I can't wait to hear the good news!!

Cecily R said...

The bottom pic of D is FAB.

Still SUPER jealous of your camera!!!

Flea said...

That is SO WEIRD about your cat!

The second picture from the top? AJ looks like McCully Culkin. And I love the ones of grammie! Glad you're enjoying the camera. :)

Grandy said...

Looks like you've got the hang of the new camera!! Right on!!

Rhea said...

Great pictures! You're doing a great job breaking in the new camera. Love the ring bearer goofin around, the covered bridge and the cat. hehe

~**Dawn**~ said...

1. Good news about your Grammie? =)

2. That photo of Tucker with his head tilted is *awesome*.

3. Is that a Red Sox shirt I see on Big D? Which player? (Yes, it's a sickness... LOL!)