Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Holy moly.

FOUR DAYS LEFT!

Two more days of work left, counting today. I am pretty much in vacation/honeymoon mode already and so not feelin' it! I hope I can concentrate to get the last bit of work done that needs to be done before I'm gone for seven work days. And then I won't think about this place ONCE while I'm gone. WOO HOO!!

Here is my upcoming schedule so far (until I think of more things to add to it):

Tonight:
9:15 am to 6:15 pm- Work all day. Ugh.

6:45 pm- Have a visit by my friend Kathy who wants to drop off a belated shower gift.

7:00ish pm- Squeeze in a phone call with the DJ to iron out specifics.

8:00 pm and on- Relax with my D, enjoy the slow pace that is about to change, then go to sleep.

Wednesday:
9:15 am to 6:15 pm- Work all day. Ugh.

6:45 pm- Hair appointment with my cute aunt, Lisa. Getting my color done and also having my brows waxed. Gotta have hot brows, ya know.

8:00 pm - Eat a late dinner and then crash.

Thursday:
9:00 am-Ingest copious amounts of caffeine...possibly run a caffeine IV

10:00 am-Try on and pick up wedding dress, with MOH.

12:00 pm- Go with Big D and MOH to pick up tuxes for D, MOH's hubby who is a groomsman and another groomsman who can't make it there.

During the day- Gather together all the stuff we need to bring to rehearsal and dinner (bridal party gifts, thank you cards, silly bouquet thingie made out of ribbons, etc.). Shower and get dressed in my cute bargain shopping dress from Kohl's and some kick-ass black open toe heels. After 3pm, drop off my dress at Mother-in-law's hotel room to take out of bag and "air it out" and fluff it up. WOO HOO!

4:45 pm- Leave to go pick up MOH and a Groomsman (their significant others, who are both also in the wedding party, will be meeting us there as they are coming straight from work).

5:15 pm- Assemble everyone at wedding venue and do both indoor and outdoor reahearsal as there is a chance for rain. (Boo, rain.)

6:30 pm-Rehearsal dinner hosted by my mother-in-law and step-father-in law. Have a glass of wine, breathe. Aaaahhhhhh....

GO HOME AND SLEEP!!!

Friday:
9:00 pm- Ingest copious amounts of caffeine.

10:00-ish am- Run a couple of errands, including but not limited to (1) the package store (yes for all you non-New Englanders, a package store is a liquor store) and get a couple bottles of wine, oh and also some champagne for mimosas. (2) the grocery store to get O.J. and some cheese and crackers, (3) hit Bath and Bodyworks or VS for some yummy-scented lotion to wear wedding day. I'm not a perfume person...it makes me sneeze, but I can do lightly scented lotions.

1:45ish pm- Get last tanning session in.

2:00 pm- With Bridesmaid Carsa in tow, go for my nail fill.

3:00 pm- While at nail salon, get pedicures with Carsa and another BM, Sarah, who is getting dropped off there.

4:00 pm- Bring Carsa and Sarah back home with me and finish any last minute packing up of stuff to go to the hotel. Very important: Don't forget the wine and cheese and crackers. Heh.

5:00 pm- Again with Carsa and Sarah in tow, go pick up my MOH and head to hotel to check-in and unpack.

6:00 pm- Commence the girl-bonding with wine and cheese and crackers! But not too much wine, I don't want to be bloated tomorrow. Ha ha! Oh, and go to bed early!

Saturday-Wedding Day:
5:00 am-Wake up and take a quick shower (can 3 girls all shower quickly enough to leave hotel room by 5:40am?).

6:00 am- Arrive at aunt's hair salon (WITH caffeine!!) and 3 girls, and meet my mom there. Get our 'dos and makeup done and get the hell back to the hotel as fast as possible.

9:45 am-Photographer arrives to take the "getting ready" shots. Drink mimosas. GET READY!!!

Approx. 10:45-11:00 am- Stuff ourselves into the limo and head off to the wedding venue.

11:15-11:30 am- Wait in limo to be summoned, then begin my shaky walk to meet Daryl. Again, breathe....

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

All that makes me tired! You are one busy girl. Just try to relax while you are going through it all and you will be fine :)

Krystyn said...

Try to take time to enjoy it! And remember, if everything doesn't go as planned, it will still be perfect.

Melissa said...

Oh girlie, you better take lots of pictures! You are going to have such a great time!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Eeeee! (imagine girly squealing here!) I am so excited for you. I hope your day is beautiful & that you and D can spend time in the Florida sun reliving all those precious memories while you relax, enjoy each other's company (and a little rest from all the craziness!) and soak in sun, sand & Magic!

Chele76 said...

*breathe* one thing at a time. Everything will go just fine. I can hardly wait until sat!

Poltzie said...

I hope you have the best day ever! You are going to look amazing and I'm sure D will tear up when he sees you!

Amy said...

Yay! But I notice a chink in your plans, you say on Saturday you'll be up at 5pm to make it out at 5:40 am. I totally think that three girls waking up at 5 pm on a Saturday will definitely NOT make it out by 5:40 am that same morning. =)

April said...

Ha! Good point, Amy, I better change that...or else I'll miss my own wedding! LOL

Cecily R said...

I am so SO excited for you!!! Congratulations early!!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

wow I am getting so excited for you! 3 days left till your wedding day! Yeaaa! Oh it is going to be so fun and beauitful. Posts pics!!!

Heather said...

this is so exciting!

Big D said...

oh yeah and have groom show up shit faced for wedding hahahaha, hmmm screwdrivers early in the morning

Melek said...

dang....that's a lot! glad you have your itinerary all typed out.
best of luck. i'm going out of town so i won't be able to check up on you, but i expect lots of photos when i get back....ok, after your honeymoon is fine too :)

ENJOY!!

Robyn said...

Wow, I can't believe you actually have a schedule with time and such.
I like the Hot Brows part, mine so need waxing.

Law Student Hot Mama said...

I can't believe it's only 4 days left!!! I'm excited for you!

Flea said...

DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE!!!

Sounds great. :) Happy nuptials!

Steph said...

Keep Breathing and enjoy! BTW need your mailing address.

jessica said...

you have it all planned out, good for you! reading that made me so tired. hope the caffeine works! that is so very exciting. TOMORROW!