Thursday, May 01, 2008

I'm so very, very excited.

I got a new gift. Well, ok, if you wanna be technical, Big D and I both got a new gift. It's a gift we got for each other. We used our wedding gift money (yes, surprise, we haven't even had the wedding yet and already have gotten some moola!) and I couldn't be happier.

This is something I've been wanting for a really long time. Something I have almost no idea how to use. But something I plan to really read the manual that it came with and do some online research and maybe even take a class to learn how to use. Oh, and there are always books I can read at the library.

And all you bloggers out there, I'm open to any advice you want to give me on using our new gift to ourselves. Daryl did lots of online research to find the one that would work best for us and he is super excited. And for you professionals, if this one totally sucks, let us know now, we still have the receipt! LOL ALthough I think it's a major step up from the one we had.

So, not to leave you in suspense any longer, we upgraded from our point and click (which we obviously will still keep and use since it's small and convenient) to this big black beauty (and no, not Black Beauty the horse...although hmmm...that could be a future gift...):




We've already started messing around with it but until I really and truly know how to take a decent picture with it, I won't be posting any soon. But I am eager to get cracking at it! Here, let me leave with you every angle of it to stare it:


19 comments:

Sarah said...

I've got the Nikon D50 and I love it. Love, Love, LOVE it! Have fun with it!!!

ALF said...

ohhh - you're going to LOVE your new camera. I got a Canon Rebel SLR a few months back and I can't stop taking pictures.

Chele76 said...

I am so sad... you said "black beauty" and I imdiatly thought amphetamines? lol

Stephanie said...

I just got a new DSLR too (Canon Rebel XTi) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I am still learning it and it's amazing. I can't wait to see all the pictures you take with it! So exciting!!

Steph said...

Oh very nice, can't wait to see all the pictures you take :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

::drool::
I hope you learn how to work it in time for your trip to WDW! Oh the fun you could have with that baby there...

jessica said...

congrats!! that is awesome.

Cecily R said...

I am WILD with envy right now!!!

What a fabulous gift for yourselves!!

Kori said...

I am so jealous. I have been asking for the Canon forever it seems like. Do I have it yet? Nope! Maybe for Mother's Day. Hey I can dream can't I. lol Congratulations. Can't wait to see all the pics you take. So hurry up and learn it already.

photogirl218 said...

I have mixed feelings on it. I had the cannon rebel and the pictures were great quality but the zoom sucked. So you'd have to sink more money into it to get another lens. So I opted to return it and got a semi-SLR and love it. For complete SLR I prefer old school. Anyway Nikon is one of the best and you'll have fun with it I'm sure. Happy Learning!

Flea said...

Congratulations! After three years of using my Canon Rebel, I found the owner's manual yesterday. It's GREAT. I highly recommend reading yours. :)

Law Student Hot Mama said...

OOOH! Now THAT is something you get for your wedding that's worthwhile! *sigh* I ended up with a ton of stupid crystal bowls. I've never seen so many. And why? What can I do with them? Use them to dispose of dirty diapers? Ah, well, I have a Cannon so I can't complain too much!

Robyn said...

ooooh that is an awesome gift.

Big D said...

Photogirl218 yea I looked into the lens situation and decided that nikon was somewhat cheaper to upgrade to the next lens it is like 250.00 but Ill talk to you on the phone or skype about it..D And I like our new Camera just alittle much to what we are used to having lol

jules said...

I am so jealous!!
I love taking pictures and want a digital SLR so bad...I have a film Nikon SLR and love it...BUT I use my digital camera (Kodal z740) most of the time. I'll have to pull out the Film and play with it now....Have fun clicking away!!!!

Mommychicky said...

I am suffering camera envy - we still have a 5-year old Power Shot that we bought with the wedding present my company gave us... Have fun with it - too bad you didn't have it for your Newport weekend...

Keri said...

Fab=u=lous camera! soooo jealous. If i hadn't already 'put in my order' for mother's day... (which i think IS on it's way.. shiny shiny) that would be my next choice!

nichole m said...

Wow... that looks like it's going to be so. much. fun. I can't wait to see some of the slices of life you capture with it!

Rhea said...

Oh, that's awesome! Now go forth and take lots and lots of pictures!