Friday, May 09, 2008

On the wedding front...I had a dream last night that Daryl and I missed our own wedding rehearsal...not the dinner, of course (are you crazy? As you can probably tell from pictures, neither one of us skips meals), but we didn't make it to our own rehearsal. I woke up feeling so freakin' pissed off that the rehearsal went on without the bride and groom. The nerve! Also feeling anxious (-----> imagine my valley girl voice saying this next bit), "Like, oh my god, I have no idea what to do! How are we going to know where to stand or what to do during the ceremony? Oh my...Gah!" (for those of you that just aren't cool enough to know, that last "gah" is me quoting Jessica Simpson.)

And in other wedding news, Monday night (or was it Tuesday?) I got a call from a somber-sounding aunt of mine. Aunt K had from the very beginning wanted to do something nice for me and Daryl for the wedding, as part of our gift. Since we were broke and had opted we didn't/couldn't spend the money on a limo (I would only need it to go from the hotel for me and the girls, 20 minutes away to the place where the ceremony and reception is taking place so it just seemed like a waste of money), Aunt K offered to do it for us. Sweet!

Cut to a year later, the other night, less than two weeks before the wedding, and my telephone rang. Aunt K was laid off from her job, had no money in her savings except for what she had been about to send out for the limo, and now can't afford to do this for us. Fine, whatever, we never really wanted a limo in the first place, right?

Except now, I did. I immediately had images, racing through my crazy brain, of my big 'ol wedding dress-ed self squishing into the crew cab of our 4-door Chevy Colorado. Not exactly the classy way I had pictured myself rolling up to the venue. But hell, I do live in the ghetto, so why not just be the ghetto princess after all? Whip out my twin glock 40's, cocked back, me and my homies? Yeah, I'm gangsta, remember? But anyway, I digress, I didn't cry (I'm a cry-er, for real people) and I didn't freak out after hanging up with Aunt K...I just got very, very quiet. So quiet, in fact, that I think Big D was worried about my mental state at that moment...and my low tolerance now with any dilemma wedding-related.

Big D said, "Don't worry, honey, we'll get the limo ourselves. I'll start looking around for prices. I don't want you to stress about this."

"We can't have a limo, we can't afford that." I mumbled in a monotone, meanwhile thinking, Wine, I need wine. My mom happened to return my call then and with a stroke of motherly brilliance asked "Why can't you guys pay for it, using the same limo guy your aunt was going through, cuz she knows the guy and was getting a deal anyway. It's probably cheaper than you realize!"

Interesting concept, Mom. So here we sit, two days later, waiting to hear back from Aunt K who is waiting to hear back from 'el limo guy. He had already booked the limo after she canceled, but said he was gonna try to work some magic. So, yes, it's eight days before the wedding and I have no clue if we have a limo or if I will be hitch hikin' a ride to my nupitals. Classy to the max.

11 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Reapeat after me: Someday I will laugh about all this... someday this will be a funny story I tell...

Krystyn said...

Good luck with the limo...

We just hired a car (just a nice towncar...a lot cheaper, but still classy), you could check into that.

Or, surely, you have a friend with a nice car that will let you borrow it?

Stephanie said...

Regardless of the situation with the limo, it will be a beautiful day for you :)

Poltzie said...

Ugh, sorry about the limo situation. I hope it all works out for you!
Your dream reminds me of my wedding. Our lawyer was two hour late to our rehersal and because we were doing it the morning of the wedding I was freaking out! He eventually showed up but I was not impressed. Dawn is right though it's totally what we laugh about now especially because he was swimming in the hotel pool an hour before the wedding!

jules said...

I had tons of dreams before our wedding- crazy ones too. Wait till your pregnant and you dream about your baby- those are some crazy dreams!! When I was pregnant I dreamt Emily was a monkey and had to nurse her- wierd I know- but I loved her anyway.

Cecily R said...

Jon and I went to our wedding in the primer gray pick up truck he drove off the cliff when he saw my cleavage...

We win the class award there I think...

Good luck. Whatever you do, it will be fantastic, I promise!

Steph said...

It will all work out I feel it in my bones!!!

Kori said...

Well let me just tell you about the crazy dream I had last night. When I got home I went outside and was loving all over dixie and admiring her ever growing belly of puppies. Well I haven't been sleeping very well for weeks now and I ahve to admit I am pretty exhausted. So when I went in the house I fell asleep on the couch and I dreamt that I was pregnant and had 13 babies and they were all boys. Now how weird is that.

Don't worry about the limo even if you have to arrive in the back of a pickup truck. When it's all said and done it will all be worth it and it will be evrything you dreamed of.

Melissa said...

Shit, I wish I lived closer, I would pay for the freaking limo!!

Just remember to breathe and soon you will be at the House of Mouse!! :)

Big D said...

ass gas or grass lady no one rides for free!!!!

Robyn said...

I hope it all works out for you.
Sometimes it is freaky having dreams like that.