Saturday, June 21, 2008

I got my period this morning.

Obviously, I'm completely bummed.

It's not like I thought I was pregnant or anything, but I bet each month until my period comes, I'll go through this whole crazy cycle every 28 days.

Last night, on a whim, I went to CVS to look at ovulation testing kits. I stood there reading the backs of all the boxes, looking at price tags, contemplating. I text messaged Sarah for her opinion and she suggested I wait on buying one since they are kinda pricey, and since I am just starting out, it's only been one to two months of trying. So I slowly put the box back down, but at this rate, I couldn't walk out empty-handed so I grabbed a 3-pack of EPT pregnancy tests, figuring even if I don't need it this month, I'll now have it on hand for when I do. Oh and I grabbed a gigantic bag 'o Skittles, too. Yep, I definitely was PMS'ing.

Anyway, I woke up this morning with the most insane cramps ever and in a cranky-ass bad mood. I told Daryl that I knew I was getting my period so he tried to joke around to make me feel better.

"Don't worry honey. We'll have fun trying again this month. I'll work extra hard so you can hop on that pregnancy-train." He said with a smile, before leaving for work. (We know a couple of people now that are pregnant.)

Anyway, here I sit on the couch under a blanket this morning, stuffing my face with Skittles, and reading blogs, trying to cheer myself up. I pulled open one of my favorite new blogs, Kitty Concerto, and lo and behold Mrs. Kitty's post is ALL about ovulation testing kits (she, like me, is trying to conceive). So at that moment I decided I'm going to run back to the store, either today or tomorrow, and pick one up after all. I'm going to trust my gut. I've been analyzing different web sites inputting my information and figuring out my most fertile days but of course there is some difference in the information. I'm figuring the kits will hopefully be a little more clearer for me to understand.

But for now, I'm going to continue to eat Skittles.

20 comments:

Kel said...

Awe hon, try not to be too bummed - you have a wonderful husband and this too will happen in time. I know the waiting game can be frustrating, but it is still early.

Maybe the ovulation tests will help calm some of the anxiety during the month...I think if you want to try it you should.
~K

Melissa said...

Ok, I'm going to give you more info than you need here....

Get the ovulation kit...it will help. You also know to lay flat with your bottom tilted up after sex for 30 minutes, right?

Dan Mega said...

Skittles FTW

My brother told me that it never works the first time unless you don't want it to happen.

photogirl218 said...

Don't try too hard girl, it'll happen when it's meant to. Just relax and have fun, LOL!

Rhea said...

Skittles are a good prescription for bummed moods. All those cheery little colors that busrt flavorful yumminess in your mouth.

I'm so sorry you got your period and aren't pregnant yet. Hang in there, sweetie!!

ALF said...

I have loads of pregnant friends right now. In fact, I'm headed to a baby shower this afternoon for a friend who is due in July. It's so exciting that you guys are trying. My husband will likely never be ready. Ugh.

Heather said...

First: try not to think about it too much...as soon as i stopped thinking about it so much is when i got pregnant with miss catherine.
Second: you can go on line (i used http://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator) both times and it is simple and i found it very accurate. it is free so it is obviously cheaper than the ones in the stores.
Third: i was told by my midwife not to go buy them in the store until after at least 6-9 months of trying
GOOD LUCK SWEETY. I KNOW IT SUCKS WAITING EACH MONTH BUT TRY NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT.

kittyconcerto.com said...

You are so sweet giving me a shout out girl! And I totally get the pms thing with your yummy skittles. I've had way too many m&m's and reeses pieces (my favs!) lately for the same reason.

So I did get all that on line. http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/ Good prices! Good luck with everything! And I am also trying to not think about it too much and have fun. ;) I thought about it way more when I really did think that I was pregnant. But I'm staying optimistic, which helps.

Super Big Hugs to you! XOXOXOXO

kittyconcerto.com said...

Oh I forgot to comment on Big D's willingness to work your caboose on the pregnancy train! LOL. That's awesome.

Amy said...

"Don't worry until nothing has happened for one year. I won't even refer to you anybody before that." That is what my gyno told me (I'm still not sure why, this was two years ago when I told her I wasn't having kids for a few more years, if ever). The only downside I can see to using the kits right now is, even using it it could still take a bit - and that may frustrate you more.

Remember what I said, woemn our age have a 15 - 20% chance of getting pregnant each month, and at the end of a year there's an 80-85% chance you'll be pregnant.

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry you are bummed. I completely understand the feeling though. Of wanting something so bad and having to try again.

If you feel like you should buy the kit, then you need to buy it. Hopefully that will ease your stress level and give you some serious knowledge about when to try.

Good Luck!

Robyn said...

Sorry about the news, I don't get the skittles, I crave chocolate or really salty stuff. But I wouldn't worry too much or stress about it. If you haven't started, start taking prenatals, just in case. I have a feeling.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I think I am one of the few women who can actually feel when she ovulates. Seriously. I feel it more when I ovulate from my right ovary than from my left, but I definitely feel it. Almost feels like a pinch, kind if like having a stitch in your side but deeper in. And I feel "heavy" for a day or two before that. I am a freak. Or very very very in tune with my body.

I agree with Mega: the only women who get pregnant on the first shot are the ones who don't want to.

Chele76 said...

and just think of the toned abs you will get after holding a pelvic tilt for 30 minutes! ;-)

Keri said...

Boy do i know that bummed feeling... i would run out and buy three packs like a junkie each month it didn't happen.
I felt bad for feeling disappointed, but it was truely how i felt.
I say get the ovu kit. It's not like you are gonna think about it less if you didn't get the kit. You can hope to be calm, relaxed, and easy-going about it all you want, but when it's all you think and dream about at this time in your life... it's like asking a camel not to drink water.

oh, and like dawn i can feel it too... kinda yucky painful... but i never could be the one to run it on M and yell "we have to NOW"... i didn't get that bad atleast.

Steph said...

Big Hug to you!!! Like Dawn, I too know exactly when I am ovulating, it is almost creepy but that didn't help me much when I was trying to get pregers with Jackson. See I had lost a baby after Lauren and I was trying to get pregnant again and it wasn't happening. I didn't understand because it happened so fast with the other 2. I drove Dan crazy with on demand sex, but still not pregnant 6 months later still not pregnant I kinda gave up. Really I think I just stopped obsessing the next month I was prego. Upon reflection I realized that I wasn't trying with other 2 hence the speed. So Enjoy newlyweddom, Big D sounds like a gem !!!!! Trust me it will happen! And we are all routing for you!

Poltzie said...

Shitty, sorry hun! I remember how crappy that felt, I hate BFN!
fertilityfriend.com sign up for the free course.

Tranny Head said...

That sucks ... I say buy the damn ovulation thing! It at least makes you feel like you're doing it when you're supposed to, you know? Good luck!

LaskiGal said...

My hubs had a blast trying. And trying. He was sorta bummed when it turned out positive after a surprising short time frame.

Just keep having a blast trying . . .

~**Dawn**~ said...

Well I am glad to know I'm not the only one who can feel when she ovulates because so many friends look at me like I'm crazy when I say that!