Thursday, June 26, 2008


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Okay, so I realize Photostory Friday is about ONE picture, in most instances, but I'm a total glutton. One picture is sometimes just not enough.

I was going back through old albums when I found mine and Daryl's camping trip to the White Mountains in New Hampshire (I am in love with the White Mountains and try to go every year, if I can).

It was just me, Big D, and our two crazy dogs.


Here is Tucker and Daisy, doing what they do best. Sleeping. Every time we were in the car longer than 20 minutes, they crashed out. (Sorry for the sideways photo!)












Aaahhhh, nature. Camping.
The smell of a toasty campfire burning.
The cool night air fresh and clean in your lungs.
The chirp of your cell phone signaling an important text message.









So romantic. I opened up my bottle of booze (er, juice?) to find this lovely line. (and please, God, excuse my disgusting short and dirty finger nails! I had just ripped off my acrylics 2 days before AND hadn't showered in a day or so.)

And in case you are wondering, was our night "thrilling"? Hell, we didn't even wait for the night.

Our afternoon was thrilling. Heh heh.




This is the site we saw outside our truck window, while driving up Mount Washington. This is probably about the point I almost pissed my pants. Both from insane fear(if you don't like heights, please, please for the love of God, don't go!), and an overly full bladder. (I won't lie, instead of the bumper sticker-- which mind you flew out of my hand at the top and over the side of the mountain--that says "This car climbed Mt. Washington", it should have said "This girl peed on Mt. Washington". Details and picture NOT to follow. Yes, there is a picture.)






This is Big D looking all GQ and Rico Suave-ish standing next to the very, very steep mountainside in freezing cold winds that whipped me around like a twig, but yet seemed to have no effect on the man.










Then there is me. Freakin' freezing in my hoodie, squinting with tears gushing from my eyes due to the winds, smiling nervously and oh-so-aware of the deathly drop behind me, short hair blown crazily back and glasses that, now looking back, seemed strangely too small for my face. Stylish.










Okay, so maybe Big D should have gotten that bumper sticker, too? We were already half way down and there was no absolutely no way he was going to be able to hold it. Shhhh! Don't tell!












The fur-babies loved sitting next to me (or in Daisy's case, on me) by the campfire.












And for the times when my lap was not readily accessible for Her Highness, she would curl up quite content in the chair. And yes, don't poke fun, my dog is wearing a sweater. That little shit shivers like it's fifty below!










Aaahhhh...breathe in, imagine that crisp air and say it with me, "New Haaaaampshire. We love you. We'll be back soon!"

Good times.

31 comments:

MamaGeek said...

First of all, as many as pictures as you need is perfect. Now onto your furballs. Oh yeah, they're cute alright. And that trip? Priceless. I didn't even notice your nails. :) Great PSF April!

Kel said...

Awesome ... looks like you two had a wonderful time. Cool pics@
~K

Cecily R said...

MG totally stole my first sentence. I was even going to start it with "First of all..."

I am so afraid of heights that I think that drop might make me puke...but other than that your trip sounds all sorts of divine.

Great pics. Great PSF!

Head Gaggler said...

Nice shots of camping. We love to camp too. Oh and that bottle cap is TOO FUNNY!! If my hubby saw that he's be way excited.

Heather said...

thanks for sharing what looks to be a fun trip.

angie said...

We used to go camping in New Hampshire in the summer when we lived in MA. Very beautiful. I never got a "fortune" like yours though. :)

Poltzie said...

Oh I love camping. Go as much as you can before you have a baby (and I promise that baby will come soon)!!

tricki_nicki said...

That looks so great. I have some words for you that I insist you take heed of immediately:

ENJOY ALL OF THESE THINGS BEFORE YOU HAVE CHILDREN!

Ok? Because after you have kids, camping becomes work. Straight up sisterfriend.

Working mum said...

It's always a great trip if you've got dirty nails!

hotmamabeads said...

Sometimes you just can't tell the whole story in one pic! I tend to be wordy, even in pictures!

Awesome trip!

Alexandria said...

Beautiful pictures! Your pets are adorable. You and your main man there look great together. Awesome trip and pictures!

photomommy said...

What a great story! I want to go camping now! It's been three years since the last time I went and I was 6 mos. pregnant with my third child when I did. Not a good idea BTW.

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Jacki said...

Those were really fun pictures to look at!

Chris Osborne said...

The dogs lasted longer in the car than I usually do.

The Apron Queen said...

What a fun trip! And that bottle cap is too funny.

Pop over & see my interview with a diva, Miss Dragonfly: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/06/interview-with-miss-dragon-fly.html

Stephanie said...

Now, I am no camper (I can't live without a/c...) but those pictures are great! You guys look like you had a great time!!

lovelylalo said...

I so love to camp. How fun that you two do those things. Don't stop camping. Do it every year. I use to go every chance I got. My ex and I actually bought a camper and we ventured out every other weekend.

You crack me up the way you write. I love this blog. I am going to have to review the archived material soon.

Hope you have a great Friday!

jules said...

Looks like you had fun! I wish I could love camping,looks like fun!!Haven't been since a girl with girl scouts. Maybe someday.

I love New Hampshire too, used to live there, went to college there Sisters and Dad live there.

Krystyn said...

Love the pictures...you should make your own bumper sticker!

I'm sure Big D is honored that you put that pic of him up, but didn't do one of yourself!!!

Bren said...

Great pics! Now I want to go camping!

Big D said...

actually I was hoping for the picture where you might have seen more lol and the one I took of April she would never post on her blog but I might on mine!!!!!

Missy said...

I want to go camping! I have not gone in years! Looks like you guys had fun!

kittyconcerto.com said...

Sounds like some good times. Thank goodness for that cap, otherwise how would you have known to have a thrilling time? lol. 2 funny. Even tho I'm afraid of heights and not good in the cold, it looks fabulous. Glad you two cool cats had a fun time!

Robyn said...

Great photos. So how scary was the mountain:) It look like it was a fab trip. One that makes me think, hey we should go camping.

lingovise said...

you guys look like you're having such a super time!

Love the shots with the dogs - we always have to have 3 extra chairs out OR we don't get to sit down ;)

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

Fun Fotos!!
Dogs are cute!

Peter Dyrholm said...

I sure do like that cap ;-)
Looks like you had a good time. Nice and relaxing. I can only envy you on that one.

ohh and yeah btw. when you gotta go you gotta go

Rhea said...

Love the photo story!! Looks like a nice camping trip.

ALF said...

Looks like so much fun!

Dan Mega said...

Taking a whizz in public FTW!

Jaina said...

I love the photo story progression here. Looks and sounds like a wonderful trip.