Friday, June 06, 2008

Photostory Friday


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


I decided to play along after reading about Photostory Friday on Cecily's page.
Hopefully I remember to do it every week. :-)


This is a picture of my favorite little cousin, eight and a half year old A.J. I was privileged enough to have been my aunt's labor coach so I got to be in the hospital room when A.J. was brought into the world. I'll never be able to explain the feeling I had watching him being born...I remember calling my mother, bawling, and she immediately thought something was wrong. But I was just so overcome by emotion and love that all I could do was cry. I have always wanted to be a Mommy but from that moment on, A.J. has brought out even more intense mothering instinct in me. I've hosted sleepovers ever since he was a one year old. I've watched him grow, watched him evolve into the "grown-up", sensitive, selfless little boy he is today. I can't wait to see the day when I have a child of my own, and little A.J. gets to hold him or her in his arms. :-)
Love you, A.J.!!

17 comments:

MamaGeek said...

Oh I'm so glad you joined PSF and hope you play again next week. This was perfect.

That little AJ is one adorable boy and I hope someday he gets to read this beautiful tribute.

Corey~living and loving said...

what a lovely story. I have experienced something very similar with my neice. it is a great and wonderful bond.

Cecily R said...

He is just so adorable!! No wonder you love him!!

I am way super excited you are playing our PSF game!! This was a perfect perfect first entry!!

SuperCoolMom said...

Love the pic, and the story! He's a lucky boy to have you in his life!

I took my beach pic at Misquamicut, near my MIL's in N. Stonington, CT. (Not sure if that's how it's spelled, but you get the idea.)

SuperCoolMom said...

Um, is that anywhere near Crap-Town? 9heehee)

April said...

Ha! Misquamicut (I, too, have no idea how it's spelled! LOL) is over an hour away...LOVE that beach!
Craptown=Meriden, CT ;-)

Steph said...

Man I wish I had had a cool adult liek you in my life when I was growing up.

KATE said...

What a sweet PSF! It's so true, there is nothing like seeing a baby come into the world! How precious! Cute little boy & great story!

kittyconcerto.com said...

ok how cute are you??? all you could do was cry? I mean AWWWWWHHHH. World's Best Aunt right here! He is adorable btw. Pretty eyes...

OHmommy said...

Awe... that was so sweet April.

What a big boy he is now. And how special that you were there. Beautiful. ;)

LingoVise said...

Dreamy eyes & a Gorgeous smile... so young and already has the makings of complete and utter heart throb.

Seeing a child born is one of the most amazing and life changing experiences ever! I just don't think you ever look at things quite the same after. Thanks for sharing your lovely story.

Robyn said...

Great story, I may have to try this.

andrea j said...

What a sweet memory! I love hearing birth stories, they are filled with lots of emotion.

Casey's trio said...

What a sweet story to go along with your PSF picture! Thanks for stopping by our blog and saying hello.

Poltzie said...

Oh April, that is so sweet! I never would of wanted to be in a labour room before Chicken came along. Now I would love to be the support person for someone else - isn't it amazing!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful post. Well written and full of emotion. Excellent. And thanks for stopping by my blog!

Grandy said...

That's a cute pic...and a wonderful experience.