Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pictures from the weekend!

These first two are from Julia's party....



And these next few are from Magic Wings....

The butterflies were so amazingly colorful!



I'll post a few more at another time....


Busy, busy weekend, as usual lately! As I sit here now at the tail end of it, with my glass of wine, my thought is "Where the heck did all the time go??" Friday night Big D and I hit up the Greek Festival with Sarah and the fam, John, and Michele. Holy CRAP, did I eat a lot of delicious Greek food or WHAT? LOL I had a yummy beef gyro, spanikopita (sp?), dolmades, and a dessert that was kind of like a little fried dough donut...forgot what it is called. Oh, and yeah, lots of Greek wine. Sarah was dancing it up like a champ during all the Greek dances. Yesterday we helped Sarah do something in the morning while she was crazily getting ready for Julia's second birthday party. Then I ran out and got wine and picked up the birthday cake while Big D did some work on a friend's furnace. Then off we headed to the party.


It was so much fun and I can't believe how big little Julia has gotten in the past two years...it's been SO fun to watch her grow into the cutie-pie she is today. :-) Today was fun, just me and Big D. We headed off to Deerfield, Mass. first to a butterfly conservatory called Magic Wings. SO awesome! If you are looking for something fun to do with you and your family (with OR without kids! Big D and I were the kids. LOL) I highly recommend you take a ride THERE! A butterfly landed on my nose at one point. It must have thought my big honker was a landing pad. Another one landed on Big D's goatee and was holding on for dear life. It was hilarious to see. Of course I have pics, just not of those two funny moments. After that, we went to Yankee Candle (Dawn, you're favorite place! I thought of you while we were there!) and I took a coupla pics, and also bought a new tart burner and some delicious-smelling tarts. Chocolate cupcake, Autumn gold, Autumn wreath among others. Mmmmm....

And now I can't believe another week has gone by! For the most part I stuck to my meal plan pretty decently last week. There WILL be a carry-over cuz I missed one of the chicken meals last week. For more on MPM, check out this site.

Monday: Whole grain pasta with sauce and chicken.

Tuesday: Pastrami, cheese and onion on rolls and Big D's homemade german potato salad.

Wednesday: Cheeseburgs on the grill, grilled sweet potatoes, and steamed corn.

Thursday: I want to make enchiladas (I'm craving Mexican!!) today but I need to find which recipe I want to use. There are so many yummy-sounding recipes out there in the blog world. Does anyone have a suggestion? I'll also serve a green salad on the side.

Friday: Grilled pork chops, steamed broccoli and Spanish whole grain rice.

12 comments:

Chele76 said...

Isn't that place cool? I went there a few summers ago with a couple friends.

Yea for whole grains!

I ususaly make up my own enchiladas, as opposed to working off a recepie. There are a handfull of ingrediants that you *need* other then that you can play around.... email me if you want to hear my suggestions.

Kel said...

Sounds like you had a jam packed weekend...the pictures are pretty! I love the butterflies!
~K

~**Dawn**~ said...

1. Julia is awfully cute. =)

2. I am cracking up at the butterfly holding onto D's beard for dear life! Doesn't that always happen that you don't get a photo of the funny stuff? =P At least you have a blog to capture the memory.

3. Mmmmm... Yankee Candle...

kittyconcerto.com said...

that's so cute that the butterfly landed on your nose (not huge btw!). and Julia is adorable. glad you had a great weekend.

beth said...

That fist picture is priceless! What a cutie. It sounds like an all around wonderful weekend.

And this weeks menu looks yummy. I love German Potato salad.

Krystyn said...

That butterfly museum looks really cool!

And german potato salad....yum...could you send me some! I love it, and I only get it when my mom visits and cooks it!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

ohhhh enchiladas does sound gooood!

Stephanie said...

I love Yankee Candles! Mmmm...they smell so good.

I wish I could plan my whole meal out at the beginning of the week. I never end up sticking with it though. Looks yummy!!

Rhea said...

Julia is an adorable little girl, and those butterflies are gorgeous!

Robyn said...

Julia is a cutie-pie!!
You got some great shots of the butterflies, that must have been so neat.

Laura@Storytellin' Mama said...

The butterflies are amazing.

Great pictures!

kamailesfood said...

Grilled sweet potatoes sound yummy! I'll have to try that soon.